- 199.95$ Red Giant Effects Suite 11 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- 279.95$ Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Parallels Desktop 4 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - Rob Papen Predator MAC
- 399.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Algolab Photo Vector 1.98
|SMIDDY PROPOSES CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION FOR CITIZENS’ RIGHTS TO HUNT AND FISH|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Thursday, 28 February 2013 09:55|
PORT BYRON, IL – A proposal by state Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) would constitutionally protect the rights of Illinois citizens to hunt and fish.
Smiddy recently introduced House Joint Resolution Constitutional Amendment 24 to amend the Bill of Rights of the Illinois Constitution to include the citizens’ rights to hunt and fish. If approved by both chambers of the legislature, Smiddy’s proposal will be presented for voters’ approval on the next general election ballot.
“Hunting and fishing is a time-honored tradition and a basic right of every Illinoisan,” said Smiddy. “Protecting this right in the state constitution recognizes the importance of hunting to our heritage and ensures that our children and grandchildren can continue this tradition.”
Currently, 17 states include constitutional protections of hunting and fishing, of which 16 were voter-approved ballot referendums. Two additional states guarantee the right to fish only, and several other states are considering similar legislation.
“The public overwhelmingly recognizes our inherent right to hunt,” Smiddy. “As gun control legislation is debated in the Illinois legislature and anti-gun advocates try to limit our access to firearms, we have to be proactive to protect every aspect of our right to bear arms.”
Tags See All Tags