- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection (de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,en)
- Buy Cheap Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to WMV MOV Converter
- 259.95$ Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009 cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk Revit Structure 2012
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Web Forms in Depth (en)
- Discount - iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual
- 19.95$ ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Vegas Pro 12
- Download Microsoft OneNote 2013
- 99.95$ QuarkXpress 7.3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Slysoft CloneDVD 2 (en)
|Smiddy-Supported Measure to Curb Medicaid Passes House|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Monday, 22 April 2013 15:05|
SPRINGFIELD, IL – Continuing his efforts to reduce fraudulent use of services and cut wasteful government spending, legislation co-sponsored by state Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) to curb Medicaid fraud passed the House last week.
“Cutting spending due to fraud is important as the legislature looks to make needed cuts to get state government back on the right track,” Smiddy said. “We have to make sure that only those residents who are eligible to receive Medicaid benefits and truly need it are receiving services.”
Medicaid provides health care to over three million low-income Illinoisans each year. Other measures approved in recent years have helped to decrease abuse of the system and fraudulent Medicaid claims, but current law only provides for prosecution of the patient who receives the services.
House Bill 71 extends the same criminal penalties, which range from misdemeanors or felonies depending on the value of the fraudulent services received, to those who knowingly help someone else obtain ineligible benefits, conceal information, or provide false information.
“Individuals who enable others to take advantage of the system and abuse taxpayer dollars should be held accountable,” said Smiddy. “These crimes are just as serious as those committed by those who fraudulently receive Medicaid benefits. This measure is a positive continuation of the legislature’s work to eliminate fraud and cut wasteful government spending.”
Tags See All Tags