- Download 1Click DVD Movie 3
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit)
- 199.95$ Ableton Live 9 Suite cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Digital Portrait Photography For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Nero 11 Platinum
- Download Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit)
|Smiddy-Supported Measure to Curb Medicaid Passes House|
|News Releases - Business, Economy & Finance|
|Written by Rep. Mike Smiddy|
|Monday, 22 April 2013 15:05|
SPRINGFIELD, IL – Continuing his efforts to reduce fraudulent use of services and cut wasteful government spending, legislation co-sponsored by state Rep. Mike Smiddy (D-Hillsdale) to curb Medicaid fraud passed the House last week.
“Cutting spending due to fraud is important as the legislature looks to make needed cuts to get state government back on the right track,” Smiddy said. “We have to make sure that only those residents who are eligible to receive Medicaid benefits and truly need it are receiving services.”
Medicaid provides health care to over three million low-income Illinoisans each year. Other measures approved in recent years have helped to decrease abuse of the system and fraudulent Medicaid claims, but current law only provides for prosecution of the patient who receives the services.
House Bill 71 extends the same criminal penalties, which range from misdemeanors or felonies depending on the value of the fraudulent services received, to those who knowingly help someone else obtain ineligible benefits, conceal information, or provide false information.
“Individuals who enable others to take advantage of the system and abuse taxpayer dollars should be held accountable,” said Smiddy. “These crimes are just as serious as those committed by those who fraudulently receive Medicaid benefits. This measure is a positive continuation of the legislature’s work to eliminate fraud and cut wasteful government spending.”
Tags See All Tags