- 79.95$ Nikon Capture NX 2 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Filters
- 69.95$ VMware Fusion 6 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects MAC
- Buy Autodesk Softimage 2012 (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Discount - Kinemac MAC
- 29.95$ SmileOnMyMac disclabel 6 MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals
- 99.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (British) (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- 9.95$ Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Download dtSearch Desktop 7
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014
|Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to Appear in Butter|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Friday, 20 July 2012 13:43|
DES MOINES, IA (07/19/2012)(readMedia)-- The world-famous Iowa State Fair Butter Cow will share the spotlight this year with the fairytale classic, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The sculptures will be on display in the Agriculture Building's 40 degree cooler throughout the Fair, August 9-19.
The fairytale celebrates its 75 year anniversary this year since first premiering as a Disney film in 1937. It has seen recent fame for several remakes: feature films "Mirror, Mirror" and "Snow White and the Huntsman," and television shows "Grimm" and "Once Upon a Time." The butter sculptures will be available for viewing from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day of the Fair.
In addition, the Ag Building offers a variety of events and exhibits. New this year is the Seed Survivor exhibit. Kids can learn about plants and what makes them grow with this interactive display. It includes multi-media and virtual reality games, an insect video scope, a sunflower seed planting station, a watershed center and talking walls.
Also, explore the AgVenture Discovery Trail's 10 stops and discover the wide array of Iowa's agricultural commodities ranging from livestock production to wind energy to viticulture (grapes). Start by picking up a map and lanyard at the USDA booth in the Agriculture Building or the Canstruction exhibit in the Varied Industries Building.
Ice carver Bill Gordish returns to transform blocks of ice into works of art. He will demonstrate his creativity on August 9, 10, 11 and 14 just outside the front doors of the building.
Giant pumpkins will take to the scale August 10 and other jumbo vegetables weigh in on August 14.
Members of the Polk County Master Gardeners will be on hand from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Discovery Garden to answer Fairgoers' gardening questions.
Fairgoers will find traditional favorites including FFA, 4-H and open class horticulture and floriculture displays, an apiary exhibit, daily stage presentations and inside gardens as well.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags