|Sparta Army National Guard Fire Fighting Team Deploys|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Illinois National Guard PAO|
|Monday, 20 February 2012 14:30|
SPARTA, IL (02/15/2012)(readMedia)-- Deployment ceremony
• 662nd Engineer Fire Fighting Team in Sparta
• A deployment ceremony is scheduled for approximately 10 Soldiers who are scheduled to deploy in support of Operation Enduring Freedom this winter.
• Feb. 21 at 2 p.m. at the Sparta armory fire station, 1803 N. Hillcrest Drive in Sparta.
• The 662nd will provide fire department emergency response services for deployed forces in the Operation Enduring Freedom theater of operations. Potential missions include, but are not limited to: fire prevention and protection, structural and aircraft fire fighting, vehicle rescue, emergency medical and hazardous materials incident response.
• Additionally, the team will be involved in the Rescue Air Mobile Squad (RAMS) mission, providing personnel rescue capabilities in tactical situations. During a RAMS mission, the team is transported via helicopter to a remote emergency incident and will perform rapid technical rescue and medical stabilization measures for U.S. and coalition personnel who are entrapped and/or otherwise injured as a result of enemy action.
Become our Facebook Fan!
Tags See All Tags