- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - AJAX Essential Training
- Buy CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 Architect (en)
- Download Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - MySQL Essential Training
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Joomla! 1.7: Programming and Packaging Extensions cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ElcomSoft Advanced Archive Password Recovery 4 Professional
- Download Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2 MAC (64-bit)
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server MAC
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM MathWorks MatLab R2012b
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Business MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Creating an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver
- Discount - Apple Final Cut Pro X MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 MAC
|SPEAK UP. SAVE LIVES. RUN IN A RED DRESS.|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Kate Cuellar|
|Wednesday, 08 February 2012 13:44|
RED DRESS RUN PLANNED TO RAISE AWARNESS FOR HEART DISEASE
February 8, 2012 – Since 1963, February has been celebrated as American Heart Month, urging Americans to join the battle against their No. one killer - heart disease. More than half of those directly affected with heart disease are women. This February, the American Heart Association is calling on the Quad Cities to raise awareness about the mostly preventable disease by participating in the Red Dress Run.
Quad Citians are invited to wear a red dress on Saturday, February 11th for the 2nd Annual Red Dress Run coordinated by the Quad Cities Hash House Harriers. Runners and spectators are invited to gather in the District of Rock Island at the Daiquiri Factory at 1:00 pm for a run through the Quad Cities in red dresses- yes, men and women – in red dresses.
As a tradition of Hash runs, the route and length of the run are not announced prior to the event. Two Hash members will act as the “hares” and the runners will chase the hares. Along the route, there will be twists and turns, challenges and chants. All runners and spectators are encouraged to make a $10 donation to the American Heart Association and will be welcome to join in live music from performer Tim Stop, beverages, snacks and fun at the Daiquiri Factory following the run.
Applestone Homes, Ruhl&Ruhl REALTORS along with the Daiquiri Factory are this year’s sponsor of the Red Dress Run.
About the American Heart Association
Founded in 1924, we’re the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. To help prevent, treat and defeat these diseases — America’s No. 1 and No. 3 killers — we fund cutting-edge research, conduct lifesaving public and professional educational programs, and advocate to protect public health. To learn more or join us in helping all Americans, call 1-800-AHA-USA1 or visit www.americanheart.org.
About the Quad Cities Hash House Harriers
Hash House Harrier roots extend back to the old English schoolboy game of "Hares and Hounds," in which some players, called "hounds," chase others, called "hares," who have left a trail of paper scraps along their route across fields, hedges, streams, bogs, and hills. One of the earliest Hares and Hounds events on record was the "Crick Run" at Rugby School in Warwickshire, England, first held in 1837.
The Quad Cities Hash House Harriers (Raccoon Chapter) describe themselves as a drinking club with a running problem. The group hosted their first run in January 2010 and boasts over 30 members with runs on most weeks of the year. To learn more about the Quad Cities Hash House Harriers visit www.qchashrun.com or visit them on Facebook, key words: Quad Cities Hash House Harriers - Raccoon Chapter.
Tags See All Tags