- Discount - Lynda.com - Drupal 7: Reporting and Visualizing Data
- Discount - Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Corel AfterShot Pro
- 99.95$ FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced MAC cheap oem
- Download PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy OEM Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (64-bit)
- Download Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk AutoCAD 2014
|Special Event : Friday 23rd. 2013 unveiling art installation: " Dying to Teach"|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Narveen Aryaputri|
|Tuesday, 20 August 2013 13:28|
The art installation " Dying to Teach" was created by Myra Robinson to bring attention to the current impasse in our educational system due to demands of unethical conduct made of teachers by administration in changing student grades. These demands are made for purposes of Federal funding, which can be lost if student grades are too low.
The installation addresses the consequent harassment should the teachers not comply. This is now a growing occurrence with some estimate placing the occurrences to 80%
Significant for our area, this art installation, to be unveiled on Friday 23rd. 2013 at the Phoenix, was brought to the Phoenix art gallery, Moline, because Mary Eve Thorson, the center of this art installation, who died due to this coercion by administration, was born and brought up in Moline, and her body was brought to Moline a few weeks ago.
Mary's parents will be present for the evening so will the teacher, Myra Robinson, who created the installation. There will a general talk about installation and its focus: Mary's message, around 7:30 p.m. It will be a informal evening to discuss and review the art and it's message.
We have included the installation as part of the extended show " Music Along the Mississippi River" . The current show is a visual art representation about the feelings and inspiration of music evoked by our beloved Mississippi River.
The show will be open during the evening.
At the Phoenix Art Gallery, 1530 Fifth Avenue, Moline. Illinois. 61265
Please call 309-762-8547 or 309-762-9202 for further information. Or: Email: thephoenixegg@ gmail.com
The event is free and open to all.
Tags See All Tags