Cinco de Mayo, Book Buddies, Irish Heritage, Fireworks, Sport Bottle & Winter Blanket Giveaways
DAVENPORT, Iowa. (May 5, 2014) – The Quad Cities River Bandits host the Cedar Rapids Kernels in a three-game series before battling the Beloit Snappers in another three-game set from Monday, May 5, through Saturday, May 10, at Modern Woodmen Park. Below are the highlights of promotions and events for the home stand.
Monday, May 5, 7:00 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.) Sponsor: 97X
- Cinco de Bandits Party – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Modern Woodmen Park with $3 prices on 12-oz. Corona, Straw-ber-rita, Lime-a-rita, and Mang-o-rita, as well as a $5 Yard Margarita. At the Nachoville stand, three tacos are just $3! There will also be a pinata-breaking for the kids.
- Markdown Monday presented by 97X – Bleacher tickets are $2 each, as are beers, sodas, hot dogs, peanuts, nachos and popcorn.
Tuesday, May 6, 11:00 a.m. (Gates 9:30 a.m.) Sponsors: Pepsi, WOC and Q-106.5
- Book Buddies Game – The River Bandits host the graduates of the Book Buddies program. The students who completed the program get to participate in a pregame parade on the field 45 minutes before first pitch.
Wednesday, May 7, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: U.S. Bank, CBS4 and Mix 96
- Irish Heritage/Go Green Night– Get your Irish on for Irish Heritage and Go Green Night! The person who shows up in the most green items will win an awesome prize!
- Pay Your Bill Wednesday presented by U.S. Bank, CBS4 and Mix 96 – Fans can bring copies of their unpaid bills to Modern Woodmen Park and enter them in a drawing to be paid up to $100 by the River Bandits. The team will randomly select two to be paid.
- Buy-One-Get-One Kids Ticket Free presented by IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union – IHMVCU members can buy one regular ticket and get a free kids ticket every Wednesday. Fans must show membership at the box office to receive the ticket special.
Thursday, May 8, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Rock 104-9 and River Cities' Reader
- Thirst-day Thursday presented by Rock 104-9 and River Cities' Reader – Fans can enjoy $2 drink specials throughout the game.
- Buy-One-Get-One-Free Tickets presented by IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union – All Thursday tickets for IHMVCU members are buy-one, get-one free. Fans must show membership at the box office to receive the ticket special.
- Organization of the Night: United Neighbors, Inc. - Proceeds from the Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit United Neighobrs, Inc. (unitedneighbors.com
Friday, May 9, 7:00 p.m. (Gates 5:30 p.m.) Sponsors: Smart Toyota of the Quad Cities, WQAD, WLLR, Total Turf & Landscape
- Friday Fireworks presented by Smart Toyota of the Quad Cities, WQAD & WLLR – All fans will be treated to a free postgame fireworks show.
- AUSA Military Appreciation Night – Six veterans from six different wars will throw out a first pitch during the pregame AUSA Military Appreciation ceremony. AUSA will also present the Color Guard for the evening.
- Sport Bottle Giveaway presented by Total Turf & Landscape – The first 500 fans will receive a sport bottle.
- Book Buddies Game – The River Bandits host the graduates of the Book Buddies program. The students who completed the program get to participate in a pregame parade on the field 30 minutes before first pitch.
- Organization of the Night: Yoga G - Proceeds from the Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit Yoga G (yogag.org
Saturday, May 10, 6:00 p.m. (Gates 4:30 p.m.) Sponsors: 103.1 KISS-FM and Clarion Hotel
- Fleece Winter Blanket Giveaway presented by Clarion Hotel – The first 1,000 fans will receive a River Bandits fleece blanket.
- Fan Appreciation Saturday presented by 101.3 KISS-FM – There will be $2 drink specials on beer and soda. A table for a balloon artist and a face painter will both be on the concourse.
- Mother’s Day Celebration – The River Bandits will celebrate mothers at the ballpark. Kids can make cards for their moms in the Bounce QC Kids Zone. There will be manicures available on the concourse. Special Mother's Day prize packages will also be awarded.
- Organization of the Night: Susan G. Komen Quad Cities - Proceeds from the Zeglin's Charity Ball Toss will benefit Susan G. Komen Quad Cities (komenquadcities.org
- MC22 Telecast – Mediacom Connections (MC22) will record a television game broadcast to be re-aired on MC22.
UP NEXT: Cinco de Mayo and Markdown Monday presented by 97X kick off a six-game River Bandits homestand May 5. Bleacher tickets for the 7 p.m. game are just $2 each, with $2 specials for hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos, beer and soda as well. Tickets are available at www.riverbandits.com
. To order any of the ticket plans - with new lower prices - call the River Bandits box office at 563-324-3000
. Season ticket and mini-plan packages start at just seven games and begin at less than $40. Call a River Bandits account representative today to choose your seats and get the details of our various mini-plan packages.
ABOUT THE BANDITS: Having just been named Ballpark Digest's winner of Best Ballpark Improvement in America under $1 million, the River Bandits ownership is making one of the biggest improvements to Modern Woodmen Park since the ballpark was first built back in 1931! A new Ferris wheel, standing 110 feet over the playing field, is opening in May, along with a carousel, a new ride called a "Drop and Twist," an expanded 300-foot long zip line, and many other new games and attractions. In 2013, the team unveiled a new 220-foot long dual zip line, a rock climbing wall, and a number of new bounce houses. The team's major league affiliate, the Houston Astros, just saw all six of its affiliates reach the playoffs - the first time in a decade any MLB team can claim such success. The River Bandits were one of three affiliates to reach the championship round and one of two to win their league championship.