- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
- Buy Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9 (en)
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap SmileOnMyMac textexpander 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows®
- 19.95$ Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8
- 149.95$ Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 cheap oem
- 59.95$ Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Photoshop CS4: Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks
- Download Adobe InCopy CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS5 MAC
|St Ambrose University Dance Marathon|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Sara Gleason|
|Friday, 29 March 2013 08:14|
St. Ambrose University, April 6, 2013- In college, Saturdays are usually spent lounging around without a care in the world; however, on April 6, 2013 the students of St. Ambrose University will be participating in their first full-length Dance Marathon. Last year, in less than 10 weeks, a group of SAU students planned and held a four-hour preview event to gain interest from the student body. More than 200 students attended the event and over $6,000 was raised. This year, the club hopes to exceed its goal of $15,000.
“Dance Marathon is more than just one event—it’s a culture on campus now. With over 350 dancers so passionate about helping some amazing Kiddos, we’ve created a culture of helping and service on campus. And there’s no one better or more worthy of helping than kids battling every day for their health and happiness—especially since these kids are from the Quad Cities Area. ‘FTK’ isn’t just three letters—it’s a way of life for a lot of us students now. ‘For The Kids!’ is so much more than three little words!” -Mark Brauweiler, SAU Dance Marathon President
This year SAU Dance Marathon is supporting 10 amazing Miracle Kids and their families as well as the families of 3 Kiddos who are Dancing in Our Hearts after losing their battles. Throughout the year, members of the organization have held events for the kids and their families, such as a movie night, trick-or-treating in the residence halls, and a carnival night. The dedicated members of Executive Board and the 350+ registered dancers had the opportunity to get to know the Kiddos on a personal level throughout the year, which in return drives their passion to fundraise For The Kids (FTK!).
Dance Marathon is a culmination of a year of fundraising by dancers to celebrate the lives of the children and families that the money is supporting. Dancers will stand the entire event to celebrate life and hope for the future. The money that is raised at St. Ambrose University Dance Marathon specifically benefits the children and families of the University of Iowa Children's Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa, a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. These donations help fund many areas of hospital need such as enhancements, program support, and primary equipment. The results of these donations help improve the quality of life of the children and their families along with providing education and research of illnesses and treatments.
Tags See All Tags