- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Black and White
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM 4Media DVD to PS3 Converter 5
- Buy Xilisoft Audio Converter 2.1 (en)
- 199.95$ Autodesk Softimage 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery v4 MAC
- Buy OEM ElcomSoft Advanced ACT Password Recovery 2.35
- 99.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 cheap oem
- Buy Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5 (en,fr,de,es,ca,cs,zh,hr,da,el,he,it,ja,ko,mk,hu,nl,no,fa,pl,pt,ru,sr,sl,fi,sv,th,tr)
- 19.95$ Jaksta MAC cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Effects
|St. Martin's Day Lantern making workshop for Kids!|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Kelly Lao|
|Monday, 28 October 2013 15:05|
Sunday, November 3rd at 2pm. Only $5 per child!
Join instructor Kathi Hofmann as we create our own paper lanterns for St. Martins day just like children in Germany! Two designs to choose from and adult helpers are free!
to register today!
"Lantern, lantern, sun, moon, and stars. . . " This refrain echoes through the autumn streets of Germany every year on November 11. Happy children with colorful, handmade lanterns promenade through the streets, cheerfully singing songs they learned by heart. The candles in the lanterns flicker playfully, bringing a sparkle to the children's eyes.
St. Martin was born Martinus the son of a Roman military tribune in Savaria, in what is now Hungary. He joined the Roman army as a youth. At the age of 18 he was baptized and in 371 became the third bishop of Tours, a city in France. He performed missionary work and helped the poor and ostracized.
Legend has it that at the gates of Amiens, Martin met a poor, scantily clothed beggar who asked him for help from the freezing cold. But Martin had nothing with him other than his military cloak, so he decided to share it with the man. With one stroke, he split his warm cloak in two and gave one half to the man, who was deeply grateful. After performing this act of generosity, Martin left the military service so he could help people in need and value love greater than force.
While each year more and more families are celebrating Halloween in Germany, the big fall tradition for children is still the St. Martin's Day lantern procession. It is primarily a religious tradition. There are some similarities to Halloween- children are rewarded for their singing and their homemade paper lanterns with candy, money and other treats. But you won't see any gruesome costumes or spooky tricks in St. Martin's Day processions, just kids bundled up against the chilly November night
Tags See All Tags