- Download Mindjet MindManager 9 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (32-bit)
- Download SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (32-bit)
- 19.95$ Flying Meat Acorn 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (32-bit)
- Discount - Xilisoft CD Ripper
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013 MAC
- Discount - Sony ACID Music Studio 9
- Buy The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (32 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2011
|Stand up for equality in Scouting|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Congressman Bruce Braley|
|Tuesday, 30 April 2013 12:55|
It was over forty years ago that I joined a Cub Scout Pack in Brooklyn, Iowa. I worked hard to become a Bobcat, Wolf, Bear and Lion. I was proud to build my own Pinewood Derby car and thrilled when my car won First Place. I was blessed to have great adult leaders who were Den Mothers and Scoutmasters.
Scouting has changed a lot since those days in Brooklyn. Last week, the Boy Scouts of America announced a significant change to allow gay scouts, and I applaud them for that change. But in a time where gays and lesbians serve their country openly and with courage in the military ... prepared to lay down their lives for their country ... it boggles the mind that these same veterans could be barred from serving as a leader in their child's Scout troop.
Just last week, the Boy Scouts of America announced that they plan on changing the rule to allow gay Scouts, but not gay leaders. The BSA board will vote on this plan in May, and that's why I need your help.
It’s a step -- but it’s not far enough. I'm joining the efforts of a fellow Iowan and fellow Eagle Scout, Zach Wahls, founder of Scouts for Equality, to call for change. I'm sending an open letter to the Boy Scouts of America. Will you sign it today?
Tell the Boy Scouts -- everyone should be allowed to participate, and we need to stand up for equality. Sign the letter today.
Let's make sure Scouting remains about teaching young people leadership and integrity and not about discriminating against others by excluding openly gay participants.
In this day and age, an American institution like the BSA needs to lead and denounce discrimination of all types and forms. The Boy Scouts have an opportunity to show our youth what real leadership looks like, and to send a message that equality and inclusion is acceptable, not discrimination.
Sign my open letter urging the Boy Scouts of America to stop discrimination.
Yours in Scouting,
Tags See All Tags