- Buy Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy IMSI TurboCAD Mac Designer v5 (en)
- Download Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 MAC
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 (64-bit)
- Download MAMP Pro MAC
- Download Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012
- Buy Adobe Acrobat XI Pro MAC (en,fr,pt,ja,ko,cs,da,nl,fi,de,hu,it,nb,pl,ro,ru,es,sv,uk,tr)
- Buy Cheap Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
|State Fair Offers Classes with Patrick Lose|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Friday, 19 July 2013 08:47|
DES MOINES, IA (07/19/2013)(readMedia)-- From charity sewing projects to hands on quilting classes with Patrick Lose, the Iowa State Fair's Fabric and Threads Department has several ways for Fairgoers to participate. "Nothing Compares" to the 2013 Iowa State Fair set August 8-18.
Master quilter and Iowa native Patrick Lose will be one of several talented instructors for the Fabric and Threads Department's Make It and Take It classes. Lose's classes will offer Fairgoers a hands-on opportunity to create some of his most popular quilt designs. One class will be offered pre-fair on Wednesday, August 7, at 11 a.m. and will last four hours. During the Fair, his classes will be offered at 9:30 a.m. August 8-11 and 13-16 and will last two hours. There are no registration fees; however, participants will be required to purchase their own supply kits for $25.
Fairgoers can choose from a variety of other crafts in the Make It and Take it classes offered such as tatting, hand appliqué and weaving, to name a few. Each session has a $10 materials fee and lasts approximately 1-2 hours.
The State Fair Sew-In will be open each Fair day from Noon until 5 p.m. This Fair-long project offers Fairgoers a chance to try their hand at simple sewing and quilting while providing warm blankets to local groups including children at the Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Bidwell Riverside Center, Youth Emergency Shelter and Beloit Children's Services as well as Angel Tree Camps. Every participant will receive a commemorative pin for donating their time. No experience or pre-registration necessary. Volunteer sewing assistants and a site supervisor will be on-hand to supply materials and help with machines.
The Fabric and Threads Department is located on the second floor of the William C. Knapp Varied Industries Building.
For a complete list of the Make It and Take It projects and times, view the daily program online at www.iowastatefair.org/daily-
"Nothing Compares" to the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University Avenue, just 10 minutes east of downtown Des Moines. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags