- Buy Cheap I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro MAC
- Download Filmmaking For Dummies
- Buy Autodesk Softimage 2012 (64-bit) (en,ja)
- Download Lynda.com - Objective-C Essential Training
- Discount - Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Download proDAD ReSpeedr 1 (64-bit)
- Discount - Alibre Design Expert 2012 (32-bit)
- 19.95$ Slysoft AnyDVD 6 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Map with jQuery
- Discount - Steinberg Halion 3
|Statement from Governor Pat Quinn Regarding Legislation to Ban Assault Weapons and High-Capacity Magazines|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Andrew Mason|
|Thursday, 03 January 2013 08:41|
SPRINGFIELD – January 2, 2013. Governor Quinn issued the following statement on today's vote by the Illinois Senate Public Health Committee to ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines in Illinois.
"I am very pleased to see the Senate's Public Health Committee take this important step today to ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines in Illinois.
"Following the horrific Aurora, Colorado movie theater massacre that left 12 dead, I proposed a statewide ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines to best protect the people of Illinois.
“As I have repeatedly made clear, there is no place in Illinois for weapons designed to rapidly fire at human targets at close range.
“Today's vote is a good sign that we are making progress as we continue to build a majority in the General Assembly.
"I want to thank Senator Tony Munoz, Senator Dan Kotowski and Senator William Delgado for their leadership and partnership to get this done. I urge the Senate to take up this matter quickly.
Tags See All Tags