- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Advanced
- 249.95$ Autodesk Smoke 2012 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Download Lynda.com - SQL Server 2008 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Softimage 2011
- Discount - Autodesk Revit MEP 2012
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 14: Shape Layers
- Buy Cheap Windows 8: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit)
- 59.95$ Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
|STATE’S TOP GRILLERS TO COMPETE FOR TITLE AT THE 50TH ANNUAL IOWA FARM BUREAU COOKOUT CONTEST AT THE IOWA STATE FAIR|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Andrew Wheeler|
|Friday, 14 June 2013 10:00|
County Contests Kick Off June 15th
WEST DES MOINES, IOWA – June 13, 2013 – The sweet smell of barbeque and smoked meat will soon be wafting in the air when the state’s best grillers gather to compete in the 50th annual Iowa Farm Bureau Cookout Contest on August 13 during the 2013 Iowa State Fair.
The championship pursuit begins in June when county Farm Bureaus host local contests to determine winners in several categories of outdoor cooking. Interested grillers and attendees should contact their county Farm Bureau office for more details and information on rules and local contests.
Local finalists from around the state will compete at the state fair for the coveted 2013 Cookout Contest Championship and cash prizes. A gas grill, donated by Iowa Propane Gas Association (valued at $1,000), will be given to the winner in the youth category.
“Iowans take their grilling seriously and every year contestants from around the state look forward to showcasing their skills at our annual state cookout contest,” said Iowa Farm Bureau Cookout Coordinator Denny Harding. “It’s a great way for grillers to demonstrate their creativity while preparing high-quality meats produced here in Iowa.”
Contestants will compete in six categories: beef, pork, lamb, poultry, turkey, and combo/specialty. Entries in the beef category will be limited to chuck or round primal cuts, including ground chuck or ground round. Combo recipes combine two or more meats from the five other categories. Specialty recipes may feature venison or any other Iowa domestically raised product. All wild game is excluded. Dishes will be judged on taste, appearance, and originality. Special recognition will go to contestants in showmanship, youth and team cooking categories. Youth grillers must be between the ages of 13 and 18 years, as of August 1, 2013. Farm Bureau or affiliated company employees are not eligible to compete.
About Iowa Farm Bureau
The Iowa Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots, statewide organization dedicated to helping farm families prosper and improve their quality of life. More than 153,000 families in Iowa are Farm Bureau members, working together to achieve economic growth, educational improvement, and environmental quality in their communities. For more information about Farm Bureau and agriculture, visit the online media center at www.iowafarmbureau.com.
Tags See All Tags