- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Buy ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional Edition (en,bg,hu,nl,el,da,es,it,zh,ko,lt,de,pl,pt,ru,sk,tr,uk,fr,cs,sv)
- Download SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 MAC
- Buy OEM Corel WordPerfect Office X5 Standard
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy OEM Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Discount - Adobe Director 11
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy OEM Avanquest Partition Commander Server Edition 10
- Download Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Burning Studio 8
|Stop automatic pay raises for Congress|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Thursday, 27 January 2011 14:18|
WASHINGTON – January 26, 2011 - Senator Chuck Grassley is an original cosponsor of a bill by Senator David Vitter of Louisiana which permanently eliminates the automatic pay raise for members of Congress that exists in current law.
“There is definitely a lack of accountability to the American people when members of Congress receive an automatic pay raise without a yes-or-no vote,” Grassley said. “If members of Congress think they deserve a raise, they should have the guts to vote publicly for it.”
Grassley has consistently worked to stop automatic pay raises for members of Congress since he has been in Congress. Grassley has also recently been part of the successful efforts to block the scheduled congressional pay raise for 2010 and 2011.
The legislation would eliminate the automatic pay increase and require any provision included in a bill that would increase congressional pay to receive a roll-call vote in the Senate before it can pass. Under current law, members of Congress automatically receive an increase each year based on a cost-of-living-adjustment, unless the Congress takes action otherwise, as it did for 2010 and 2011.
Tags See All Tags