- Download Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 Essential Training
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS Animations
- Buy OEM Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Cyberlink Power2Go 6
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- 19.95$ ZoneAlarm Pro 8 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Fireworks CS4
- Buy Parallels Desktop 5 MAC (en)
- Download Project 2010 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 MAC
|Stop The Dock Restaurant Flood Plain Development!|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Dr. Jenna|
|Monday, 30 September 2013 16:11|
Please plan to attend the Davenport City Council meeting on Wednesday, October 2 at 5:30PM.
At this meeting, Davenport City Council will consider "fast track approval" giving a 65 year lease to a developer in order to build a 5 ½ story office plaza on the Mississippi River where the former Dock Restaurant was located. This uniquely significant site, literally at the foot of the Lock & Dam 15, will be forever lost to the public if this "deal" goes forward.
The City's Levee Improvement Commission has recommended against the proposal and The Quad City Times has written an editorial favoring the Commission's position.
Last week, an international group of engineers, architects and designers - all experts in waterfront development - recommended that Davenport stop the development.
The planned development is fraught with problems, from safety concerns to environmental issues and not least of which is that legally the City already has an existing agreement with the Isle of Capri for portions of the land under consideration.
Members of Levee Improvement Commission have been hoping to reclaim the site when the gambling boat is gone for public access and development of a public restaurant and interpretative center and for the dam and river and the eagles that congregate at the dam, that would follow the city's comprehensive plan for the river.
If you care about our River and the public's access to our River, please attend this meeting and voice your opposition to this utterly misguided project.
Tags See All Tags