- Buy Acala DVD Creator 3 (en)
- Download Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- Discount - Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Buy Lynda.com - Online Marketing Fundamentals (en)
- Discount - Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Download Sony ACID Pro 6
- Discount - CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3
- Buy Cheap Macrabbit CSSEdit 2 MAC
- 19.95$ ACDSee Photo Manager 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC (en)
- Discount - Acala DVD Audio Ripper
|Stop The Dock Restaurant Flood Plain Development!|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Dr. Jenna|
|Monday, 30 September 2013 16:11|
Please plan to attend the Davenport City Council meeting on Wednesday, October 2 at 5:30PM.
At this meeting, Davenport City Council will consider "fast track approval" giving a 65 year lease to a developer in order to build a 5 ½ story office plaza on the Mississippi River where the former Dock Restaurant was located. This uniquely significant site, literally at the foot of the Lock & Dam 15, will be forever lost to the public if this "deal" goes forward.
The City's Levee Improvement Commission has recommended against the proposal and The Quad City Times has written an editorial favoring the Commission's position.
Last week, an international group of engineers, architects and designers - all experts in waterfront development - recommended that Davenport stop the development.
The planned development is fraught with problems, from safety concerns to environmental issues and not least of which is that legally the City already has an existing agreement with the Isle of Capri for portions of the land under consideration.
Members of Levee Improvement Commission have been hoping to reclaim the site when the gambling boat is gone for public access and development of a public restaurant and interpretative center and for the dam and river and the eagles that congregate at the dam, that would follow the city's comprehensive plan for the river.
If you care about our River and the public's access to our River, please attend this meeting and voice your opposition to this utterly misguided project.
Tags See All Tags