- Download ChemTable Reg Organizer 4.21
- Buy Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt)
- Buy Lynda.com - SQL Essential Training (en)
- Download QuarkXPress 7.3 Passport
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Exposure 5
- 99.95$ Sony ACID Pro 7 cheap oem
- 269.95$ Autodesk Maya 2013 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Hindi (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Discount - MathWorks MatLab R2010b
- Discount - Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3
- Buy VMware Workstation 6.5 (en)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
|Strike out along the Inca trail at the Figge Art Museum|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by QCSO|
|Friday, 31 May 2013 12:39|
Strike out along the Inca trail at the Figge Art Museum
Don't miss Caminos del Inka this Saturday, June 1, at the Figge Art Museum presented by the Quad City Symphony Orchestra. Accompanied by a choreographed visual slide show and documentary footage, QCSO principal flutist Jessica Waren-Acosta and harpist Marguerite Lynn Williams perform music from South America. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. with free hor d'oeuvres and a cash bar and guided tours of the Figge Art Museum. The concert will begin at 8:00 p.m.
An audiovisual presentation containing documentary-style photos and video is choreographed to the music. These images enhance the audience's understanding of the cultural and historical aspects of the music. Caminos del Inka works closely with traditional musicians from around the Americas to create an accurate educational film. As a result of their work, you gain a deeper understanding of the historical and cultural context.
As part of this collaboration with the Figge Art Museum, docents will be giving tours of the Art and Devotion in Viceregal New Spain exhibit from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Focusing on the Spanish colonial period of present-day Mexico and Central America, this gallery includes a large collection of religious and devotional art. These works were used in the religious rites and ceremonies of the liturgy or for private devotion. Indeed, an inextricable bond existed between the Church and the image-making traditions of Hispanic cultures.
Seating is limited, so buy your ticket today by clicking here.
Tags See All Tags