- Discount - Solidworks 2014 Premium (32-bit)
- Discount - Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies
- Buy Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 (en,br,nl,fr,de,it,es)
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2007 Professional
- Buy Cheap Parallels Desktop 7 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look (en)
- 49.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Irish (Level 1) cheap oem
- Buy Eyeon Fusion 6 (32 bit) (en)
- Download Solidworks 2010 Premium (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit)
- 39.95$ Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012 cheap oem
|Students elected to Augustana's Phi Beta Kappa|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Keri Rursch|
|Friday, 03 May 2013 13:50|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (05/02/2013)(readMedia)-- Thirty-seven students at Augustana College, in Rock Island, Ill., recently were elected into the college's Phi Beta Kapp chapter. This national academic honor society recognizes scholarly achievement, character, integrity, and independence of mind. Members are elected by faculty. Election is less a reward for past success than a recognition of exceptional promise for future growth and achievement.
Among the students honored:
Manisha Kumar, a senior from Davenport, Iowa, majoring in biology and pre-medicine.
Douglas Peters, a senior from Port Byron, Ill., majoring in neuroscience and biology.
Moselle Singh, a senior from LeClaire, Iowa, majoring in anthropology.
Astrid Tello-Rodriguez, a senior from Milan, Ill., majoring in psychology.
Anna Tunnicliff, a senior from Bettendorf, Iowa, majoring in history.
The new Phi Beta Kappa members will be formally honored on campus and introduced at the Senior Honors Convocation on Saturday, May 18, at 12 noon, in Centennial Hall (3703 7th Ave., Rock Island).
Phi Beta Kappa was founded in 1776 and celebrates and advocates excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. It has more than half a million members and chapters at 283 American colleges and universities. Invitation to membership is a reflection of outstanding achievement. Only about 10 percent of the nation's institutions of higher learning have Phi Beta Kappa chapters, and only about 10 percent of the arts and sciences graduates of these institutions are selected for Phi Beta Kappa membership.
About Augustana: Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Alumni include 140 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 14 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.
Tags See All Tags