- Discount - Symantec PCAnywhere 12.5
- Buy Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop (en)
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011
- 99.95$ Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Visio Standard 2013
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Irish (Level 1)
- 199.95$ Artlantis Studio 5 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy PCTools Spyware Doctor 5.5 (en)
- Buy Adobe After Effects CS4 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy OEM Boris Graffiti 5.2
- Buy Cheap Frischluft Fresh Curves for AE and PrPro
- Buy Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 Essential Training (en)
|Students initiated into Augustana's Mortar Board|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Keri Rursch|
|Friday, 03 May 2013 13:55|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (05/02/2013)(readMedia)-- Forty-three juniors were initiated into Augustana's Aglaia Chapter of the Mortar Board National Senior Honor Society on April 14.
Mortar Board members are selected annually by their peers in recognition of their devotion to scholarship, leadership and service. Students are eligible for membership in their junior year. Each member must have at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA or be in the top 35 percent of his orher class, whichever is higher. Approximately 9% of the Class of 2014 was selected to join this prestigious society.
Selected to join this group include:
Breann Nelson, a junior from Moline, Ill., majoring in psychology and sociology.
Hiba Ansari, a junior from Clinton, Iowa, majoring in business administration-management.
Sheila Ahuja, a junior from Rock Island, Ill., majoring in language arts and English education.
Taelar Hillyer, a junior from Bettendorf, Iowa, majoring in language arts and English education.
Kelsey Winter, a junior from East Moline, Ill., majoring in biology.
Eryn Maccabee, a junior from East Moline, Ill., majoring in English and Scandinavian.
The Aglaia chapter at Augustana was chartered in 1965. It succeeded an Augustana Honors Society founded in 1940 for senior women. The name comes from one of the three Greek Graces, along with Euphrosyne and Thalia. Aglaia signifies "brilliance." In 2009, the chapter received a Silver Torch award from the national organization.
Students will be recognized at the Senior Honors Convocation on Saturday, May 18th, at 12 noon at Centennial Hall (3703 7th Ave. Rock Island, Ill.).
About Augustana: Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Alumni include 140 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 14 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.
Tags See All Tags