- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - NewTek LightWave 3D 10 MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2008 Professional
- 179.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 New Features
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate 5 MAC
- Buy Avid Media Composer 6 MAC (64 bit) (en)
- Download Pixologic ZBrush 3 MAC
- Discount - Word 2010 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC
|Students initiated into Augustana's Mortar Board|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Keri Rursch|
|Friday, 03 May 2013 13:55|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (05/02/2013)(readMedia)-- Forty-three juniors were initiated into Augustana's Aglaia Chapter of the Mortar Board National Senior Honor Society on April 14.
Mortar Board members are selected annually by their peers in recognition of their devotion to scholarship, leadership and service. Students are eligible for membership in their junior year. Each member must have at least a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA or be in the top 35 percent of his orher class, whichever is higher. Approximately 9% of the Class of 2014 was selected to join this prestigious society.
Selected to join this group include:
Breann Nelson, a junior from Moline, Ill., majoring in psychology and sociology.
Hiba Ansari, a junior from Clinton, Iowa, majoring in business administration-management.
Sheila Ahuja, a junior from Rock Island, Ill., majoring in language arts and English education.
Taelar Hillyer, a junior from Bettendorf, Iowa, majoring in language arts and English education.
Kelsey Winter, a junior from East Moline, Ill., majoring in biology.
Eryn Maccabee, a junior from East Moline, Ill., majoring in English and Scandinavian.
The Aglaia chapter at Augustana was chartered in 1965. It succeeded an Augustana Honors Society founded in 1940 for senior women. The name comes from one of the three Greek Graces, along with Euphrosyne and Thalia. Aglaia signifies "brilliance." In 2009, the chapter received a Silver Torch award from the national organization.
Students will be recognized at the Senior Honors Convocation on Saturday, May 18th, at 12 noon at Centennial Hall (3703 7th Ave. Rock Island, Ill.).
About Augustana: Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Alumni include 140 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 14 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.
Tags See All Tags