- 339.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Intuit Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009
- 79.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011
- 139.95$ Microsoft Office 2010 Professional with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Beauty Portraits (Feb. 2013)
- Discount - Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition
- Discount - Lynda.com - Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Object-Oriented Programming with PHP (en)
|Summer Drawing Program for high school students|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Monday, 11 April 2011 12:56|
Students Can Experience a College-level Drawing Program
The Figge Art Museum and Western Illinois University have partnered to offer the “Summer Drawing Program at the Figge” for high school students from 9:30 am-12:30 pm July 18-22 and July 25-29. This two-week program gives talented high school art students a college-level experience while helping them prepare their portfolios for college admission and scholarships. The “Summer Drawing Program at the Figge” is open to any high school student in Iowa or Illinois who has completed 9th, 10th or 11th grade. To be considered for this program, students must complete the application and submit a portfolio of four drawings and a letter of support from an art teacher. Applications are due by April 16 and the drop-off period for portfolios is 10 am – 1 pm Saturday, April 16.
The program was developed in 2007 with Western Illinois University, and is the only program of its kind in the Quad Cities for aspiring young artists who plan to major in Art or Design. The course is taught by Western Illinois University Department of Art professors Bruce Walters and Brett Eberhardt. This program is funded in part by the Brand Boeshaar Foundation, Butler Insurance Service, Inc., and Western Illinois University’s College of Fine Arts and Communication.
The “Summer Drawing Program at the Figge” program introduces high school students to a college-level drawing curriculum, helps them improve their skills in drawing from observation, which is a required component for most college admission portfolios, and helps them to be competitive for the annual Brand Boeshaar Scholarship. This local art scholarship is funded by the Brand Boeshaar Foundation, managed by the Figge Art Museum, and administered by the Community Foundation of the Great River Bend. In addition to daily drawing assignments, students will participate in individual and group critiques, which will help teach them learn how to talk about their work with others when they apply for college admission.
Students selected to participate in this program will be notified by May 1. If accepted into the program, students must pay the program fee of $175 and provide some of their own art supplies. For more information about the program, or to complete the application online, please visit www.figgeartmuseum.org. For more information, call Ann Marie Hayes-Hawkinson, Curator of Education, at 563-326-7804 x7887.
Tags See All Tags