- Download Apple iWork 09 MAC
- Download Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (32-bit)
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- 99.95$ Adobe Captivate 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Up and Running with Java Applications (en)
- Discount - Parallels Desktop 7 MAC
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set)
- Discount - BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC
- Download Pixologic ZBrush 4R6 MAC
- Buy Frischluft ZbornToy for AE and PrPro (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - InDesign Tables In Depth cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11
|Technology On Your List? Learn How to Take Advantage of New Library Services for eBooks & Music in December and January|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Monday, 09 December 2013 10:21|
Rock Island, IL: If you are getting new technology under the tree this year, or thinking about upgrading to a new model, the Rock Island Library will demonstrate how to use new library services to check out eBooks or download music in December and January.
Library "How-to" sessions on downloading books with OverDrive will be offered from:
Patrons with a current library card from an OverDrive subscribing library can check out books to a personal eReader, computer or tablet. The demonstrations cover multiple device types, and registration is not required.
Patrons who want to increase their digital music collection may want to check out another "Library How-To" on downloading music with Freegal. The short demonstration will be offered from 2:00 to 3:00 pm on Tuesday, December 17 at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street. Songs downloaded from Freegal become part of the user's personal MP3 music collection, and do not expire. The service is available to patrons with a current card to one of the four subscribing libraries, which include Rock Island and the Sherrard District Libraries in Illinois, and the Bettendorf and Davenport Libraries in Iowa. Registration is not required to attend.
The Rock Island Public Library's selection of free digital products available to patrons include OverDrive and OneClick Digital services for checking out eBooks or eAudiobooks, the Freegal music service for checking out music to keep, and a brand new service, Zinio, for checking out free online magazines to read on a tablet, phone or computer. Free mobile apps for these digital products are available via the product links on the library website, www.rockislandlibrary.org.
Founded in 1872, the Rock Island Public Library serves the area through three locations, which include the Main, 30/31 and Southwest Branches, community outreach efforts, and online opportunities that provide resources to enhance personal achievement and stimulate the imagination.
Tags See All Tags