- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC
- 399.95$ GibbsCAM 2014 64-bit cheap oem
- Download Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Download Prosoft Engineering Drive Genius 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Elements 12
- Download iSkysoft iMedia Converter 2 Mac
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Snap Art 3
- Download Adobe FreeHand MX
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Mudbox 2011 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Panic Transmit 4 MAC
- Buy OEM Digital Painting in Photoshop
- Buy Photoshop CS4 For Dummies (en)
- Buy Sony ACID Pro 6 (en)
|The annual “Bikes for Brains” bike give away is today!|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Monday, 09 December 2013 12:32|
Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island at noon
Organizers of the annual bike giveaway met their $7,000.00 fundraising goal and 120 children will receive their Christmas wish--their first bike and helmet. The children and their parents will be able to pick up their bikes beginning at noon at the Martin Luther King Center (639 - 9th Street Rock Island).
The media is invited to attend this joyous event and interview children as they get their first-ever bike, helmet, gently used books, as well as watch a puppet show explaining the importance of wearing a helmet and preventing brain injuries. Volunteers with The Pilot Club of Moline will do their popular the puppet shows. Some new corporate helpers this year are Verizon and Amhoff Trucking, Inc. of Eldridge, Iowa who is providing the transportation to take the bikes from Walmart to the MLK Center in Rock Island for the giveaway.
Bikes for Brains has grown from a Christmas “wish” tree in a beauty salon which contained a lot of requests for bikes from neighborhood children (about 12 years ago) to a true community-wide effort with dozens of volunteers collecting money, buying bikes and helmets, putting bikes together and coordinating the distribution to the children who truly need them.
Available for interviews are the project leadership team: Steve Depron with Bike ‘N Hike, Sandy Seeley-Copley with Queens Parlour, and Tammy Muerhoff, the Regional Superintendent of Schools.
WHO: “Bikes for Brains” leadership team and recipients
WHAT: Bike give away
WHERE: Martin Luther King Center (639 9th Street Rock Island)
WHEN: Monday, December 9th at noon
Tags See All Tags