- Download Corel Painter X3 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Sony Vegas Pro 13
- Buy Autodesk NavisWorks Manage 2009 (en)
- Buy Cheap CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (64-bit)
- Buy Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra (en)
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Buy TuneUp Utilities 2008 (en)
- Buy Symantec PCAnywhere 12.5 (en)
- 19.95$ 4Media DVD Ripper Standard 5 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 Essential Training
|The annual “Bikes for Brains” bike give away is today!|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Monday, 09 December 2013 12:32|
Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island at noon
Organizers of the annual bike giveaway met their $7,000.00 fundraising goal and 120 children will receive their Christmas wish--their first bike and helmet. The children and their parents will be able to pick up their bikes beginning at noon at the Martin Luther King Center (639 - 9th Street Rock Island).
The media is invited to attend this joyous event and interview children as they get their first-ever bike, helmet, gently used books, as well as watch a puppet show explaining the importance of wearing a helmet and preventing brain injuries. Volunteers with The Pilot Club of Moline will do their popular the puppet shows. Some new corporate helpers this year are Verizon and Amhoff Trucking, Inc. of Eldridge, Iowa who is providing the transportation to take the bikes from Walmart to the MLK Center in Rock Island for the giveaway.
Bikes for Brains has grown from a Christmas “wish” tree in a beauty salon which contained a lot of requests for bikes from neighborhood children (about 12 years ago) to a true community-wide effort with dozens of volunteers collecting money, buying bikes and helmets, putting bikes together and coordinating the distribution to the children who truly need them.
Available for interviews are the project leadership team: Steve Depron with Bike ‘N Hike, Sandy Seeley-Copley with Queens Parlour, and Tammy Muerhoff, the Regional Superintendent of Schools.
WHO: “Bikes for Brains” leadership team and recipients
WHAT: Bike give away
WHERE: Martin Luther King Center (639 9th Street Rock Island)
WHEN: Monday, December 9th at noon
Tags See All Tags