- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS4
- Buy OEM Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Discount - SmileOnMyMac disclabel 6 MAC
- Buy Artlantis Studio 5 MAC (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,ru,ch)
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- Discount - Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC MAC cheap oem
- Download Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit)
|The annual “Bikes for Brains” bike give away is today!|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Monday, 09 December 2013 12:32|
Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island at noon
Organizers of the annual bike giveaway met their $7,000.00 fundraising goal and 120 children will receive their Christmas wish--their first bike and helmet. The children and their parents will be able to pick up their bikes beginning at noon at the Martin Luther King Center (639 - 9th Street Rock Island).
The media is invited to attend this joyous event and interview children as they get their first-ever bike, helmet, gently used books, as well as watch a puppet show explaining the importance of wearing a helmet and preventing brain injuries. Volunteers with The Pilot Club of Moline will do their popular the puppet shows. Some new corporate helpers this year are Verizon and Amhoff Trucking, Inc. of Eldridge, Iowa who is providing the transportation to take the bikes from Walmart to the MLK Center in Rock Island for the giveaway.
Bikes for Brains has grown from a Christmas “wish” tree in a beauty salon which contained a lot of requests for bikes from neighborhood children (about 12 years ago) to a true community-wide effort with dozens of volunteers collecting money, buying bikes and helmets, putting bikes together and coordinating the distribution to the children who truly need them.
Available for interviews are the project leadership team: Steve Depron with Bike ‘N Hike, Sandy Seeley-Copley with Queens Parlour, and Tammy Muerhoff, the Regional Superintendent of Schools.
WHO: “Bikes for Brains” leadership team and recipients
WHAT: Bike give away
WHERE: Martin Luther King Center (639 9th Street Rock Island)
WHEN: Monday, December 9th at noon
Tags See All Tags