- Buy OEM Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- Download 4Videosoft AMV Media Converter 3
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Classroom in a Book (en)
- Buy OEM Palm Pre: The Missing Manual
- Download Wincare Memory Booster Gold
- Buy CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (32-bit) (en,es,fr,pt)
- Download ZoneAlarm Pro 9
- Buy Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 (en)
- Download Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Word 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
|The annual “Bikes for Brains” bike give away is today!|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Monday, 09 December 2013 12:32|
Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island at noon
Organizers of the annual bike giveaway met their $7,000.00 fundraising goal and 120 children will receive their Christmas wish--their first bike and helmet. The children and their parents will be able to pick up their bikes beginning at noon at the Martin Luther King Center (639 - 9th Street Rock Island).
The media is invited to attend this joyous event and interview children as they get their first-ever bike, helmet, gently used books, as well as watch a puppet show explaining the importance of wearing a helmet and preventing brain injuries. Volunteers with The Pilot Club of Moline will do their popular the puppet shows. Some new corporate helpers this year are Verizon and Amhoff Trucking, Inc. of Eldridge, Iowa who is providing the transportation to take the bikes from Walmart to the MLK Center in Rock Island for the giveaway.
Bikes for Brains has grown from a Christmas “wish” tree in a beauty salon which contained a lot of requests for bikes from neighborhood children (about 12 years ago) to a true community-wide effort with dozens of volunteers collecting money, buying bikes and helmets, putting bikes together and coordinating the distribution to the children who truly need them.
Available for interviews are the project leadership team: Steve Depron with Bike ‘N Hike, Sandy Seeley-Copley with Queens Parlour, and Tammy Muerhoff, the Regional Superintendent of Schools.
WHO: “Bikes for Brains” leadership team and recipients
WHAT: Bike give away
WHERE: Martin Luther King Center (639 9th Street Rock Island)
WHEN: Monday, December 9th at noon
Tags See All Tags