- Buy Cheap Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Download Cocoatech Path Finder 6 MAC
- Download ActiveState Komodo IDE 5
- Download ABest Video to iPod 3GP Flash Converter
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set)
- 49.95$ Parallels Desktop 6 MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ Sony Vegas Pro 8 cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit)
- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Spain) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
|The Arc of the Quad Cities Announces Grant Award|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Sarah Wright|
|Tuesday, 29 April 2014 13:29|
Rock Island, IL – The Arc of the Quad Cities Area is pleased to announce that is has been awarded a grant from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) in the amount of $3,000,000. These funds have been designated for construction of no less than five group homes which will be licensed as Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA) homes to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live in-community.
Funds from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity come from bond funds and are distributed to The Arc of the Quad Cities for capital expenditures. The Arc of the Quad Cities is most grateful to State Representative Pat Vershoore for sponsoring this grant. Says Kyle Rick, Executive Director for The Arc, “We are very grateful to Representative Verschoore for this transformational opportunity for The Arc and the people we serve.” Mr. Vershoore is a long standing supporter of The Arc and friend to those living with intellectual and developmental disabilities in our community.
The homes will be occupied by up to eight individuals and will be located in the cities of Rock Island and Moline.
The Arc of the Quad Cities will be initiating a capital campaign to offset any costs not covered by the DCEO grant for the construction of the new CILA homes and for the repurposing of The Arc’s Heritage 53 location and The Arc’s Day Services and Administrative Offices on 9th Street in Rock Island.
The construction of these new homes in Rock Island and Moline, is a natural progression of a national trend to support Individuals with disabilities in-community to maximize each individuals fullest potential. The Arc of the Quad Cities has traditionally lead the way in this endeavor; these funds and the resulting CILA homes is a continuation of The Arc’s legacy that values community placement and integration in all aspects of the quality services it provides.
Editor’s Note: The Arc is not an acronym; always refer to us as The Arc of the Quad Cities Area or The Arc not The ARC and never ARC. The Arc should be considered a title or a phrase.
Tags See All Tags