- Discount - ACDSee Pro 2
- Download Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS4 Studio Techniques (en)
- 19.95$ Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe cheap oem
- Download Panic Unison 2 MAC
- Buy Nikon Capture NX 2.4.5 MAC (en)
- Download Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition (en,ja,de,fr,es,it,pt,nl,sv,hu,pl,ro,tr)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - NewTek LightWave 3D 10 MAC
- 179.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
|The Arc Puts Group Home Up For Adoption|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Maureen Dickinson|
|Friday, 04 December 2009 14:27|
The Arc of Rock Island County is pleased to announce the expansion of residential services for individuals with developmental disabilities. This month The Arc will add one new Rock Island group home to its options for community integrated living arrangements (CILAs). For the past several months contractors have worked diligently towards the goal of having the eight residents situated in their new home by the holidays. Area businesses, service clubs and organizations are offered the opportunity to “adopt” The Arc’s new group home.
Executive Director Kyle Rick explains there is a history of the community’s adoption of group homes. Rick states, “Right now we have an active relationship between UnitedHealthcare employees and one of our Moline group homes. They seem to know just what the individuals need, whether it’s a home-cooked meal for Thanksgiving or a special occasion, cookouts, decorations for holidays, or birthday cards and cakes.” The rewards are
two-way. The people adopting the group home become a second “family” by visiting the individuals, and the value of this friendship is priceless. The loving gratitude the UnitedHealthcare employees receive in return warms the heart.
With the opening of a newly renovated group home there are many immediate opportunities to volunteer as well. The Arc welcomes volunteers available during the day and willing to pull off wallpaper, prep for painting, paint, and move in furnishings. The driving force is having the individuals celebrate Christmas 2009 in their new home.
Founded in 1952, The Arc of Rock Island County serves more than 300 individuals with developmental disabilities daily. The Arc owns and operates intermediate care facilities and group homes in both Rock Island and Moline. The mission of The Arc is living and working in partnership with the community to support individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
Tags See All Tags