- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 MAC
- 149.95$ I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate CC
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk MotionBuilder 2011 (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- 79.95$ Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3 cheap oem
|The Day of the Dead: Celebrating Community, Family and the Immortal Spirit|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Tuesday, 24 September 2013 11:52|
Davenport, Iowa (September 24, 2013) – The Day of the Dead: Celebrating Community, Family and the Immortal Spirit is a new exhibition that will be opening at the Figge Art Museum on Thursday. The installation celebrates the traditions of the November holiday in which the living remember their departed loved ones.
The exhibition will feature more than two dozen larger-than-life Catrina dolls from Casa Guanajuato Quad Cities and multiple ofrendas (altars) from community members including The Humane Society of Scott County, The Project of the Quad Cities and Scott Community College SEED Program.
The ofrendas on display honor the deceased and will be decorated with traditional items such as sugar skulls, flowers, candles and images. Guests will be invited to make paper flowers and butterflies, leaves and paw prints to leave in remembrance.
The public is invited to the free “Cocktails with Catrinas” kickoff event on Thursday from 5-8 p.m. in the Grand Lobby, where attendees will mingle among Catrinas while enjoying music, free snacks, salsa dancing and specialty cocktails.
The Day of the Dead exhibition will be on view through November 3 and is sponsored by the Brand Boeshaar Foundation Fund.
5-8 p.m. Thursday, September 26
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and the exhibition at this event featuring food, music and salsa dancing among the larger-than-life Catrinas from Casa Guanajuato. Free!
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Friday, October 4
Learn about the state of Latino affairs in Illinois from Sylvia Puente, Executive Director of the Latino Policy Forum. The forum will be followed by a Q&A session. Free, but please RSVP for lunch count at 309-756-9978 or http://web.extension.illinois.
Free Family Fiesta Day
10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, November 2
9 a.m. Saturday, November 2
Celebrate El Dia de los Muertos and Halloween by dressing up for this family-friendly run/walk on the Davenport Riverwalk (Ripley St. at Biederbeck Dr.). To register visit www.casaqc.org.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags