- Buy Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout (en)
- Download Lynda.com - Access 2013 Essential Training
- Buy OEM Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- 199.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter cheap oem
- 249.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013
- Buy OEM Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012
- Discount - Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit)
- 259.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced
- Buy Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012 (en,de,fr)
- Discount - Ashampoo ClipFisher (32-bit)
|The Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center Expansion/Renovation Groundbreaking|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Gerald Jones|
|Thursday, 19 August 2010 07:37|
The King Center builds community, nurtures dreams and changes lives each and every day. Located in a distressed area, within a 2 mile radius of the Center more than 4,100 households live in poverty and have lives characterized by:
The Project – The King Center’s programs and services have evolved to meet the needs of the community, but the building must be renovated and expanded to provide more space for youth services including substance abuse prevention, job training, mentoring and after school activities. This facility will be able to serve over 200 youth and a community room will have capacity for 400. These will be spaces designed for the use intended versus the makeshift method the Center has been restricted to for 35 years.
Summary of Costs - Construction, renovation and related expenses are projected to total $3.6 million. To date we have secured $3.37 million toward our goal including funding from the City of Rock Island, the State of Illinois, the federal government and gifts and pledges from donors. Community support has been encouraging.
We must raise a little less than $230,000 to fully fund the project. We hope the community will choose to support the King Center with a contribution via pledge (payable over the next three years), online donation (www.rigov.org/mlkdonation.html), or by calling the King Center at (309) 732 - 2999. We are able to accept
cash, check, or credit card donations and all are tax deductable.
This financial support will directly impact the lives of the children and families the Center serves for decades to come.
Tags See All Tags