- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 6 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe SoundBooth CS4 MAC
- Buy Steinberg Cubase 4 (en)
- 29.95$ Mixed in Key 2 MAC cheap oem
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop and Bridge CS5 for Photographers New Features cheap oem
- Buy OEM CrossOver 13.0 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit) (en,it,fr,de,es,da,nl,ja,ar,bg,br,ch,cs,el,et,fi,he,hr,hu,ko,lt,lv,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sv,th,tr)
- Buy Cheap Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12
- Buy proDAD ReSpeedr 1 (64-bit) (en)
|The Ninth annual “Bikes for Brains” fund drive kicks|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Sandy Seeley|
|Monday, 09 November 2009 08:33|
The Ninth annual “Bikes for Brains” fund drive kicks off Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 with a news conference detailing its fundraising goal and an announcement of a local club that is donating the helmets
For the ninth year in a row, local businesses and a state agency are teaming up to ensure 100 deserving preschool children receive their holiday wish--their first bicycle—for Christmas. Over the past eight years Bike ‘N Hike, Queens’ Parlour and the Rock Island County Regional Office of Education have led the campaign to make Christmas merrier for over 100 needy children.
A bike with training wheels costs $40. Donors can buy ½ a bike… or one bike….or five. Whatever works in this economy.
A news conference is scheduled for Tuesday, November 10th at 10:00 a.m. at Queens’ Parlour (171-19th Avenue in Moline) to outline the group’s new goal and thank a local club for donating money for 100 helmets. Last year 160 children received bikes and helmets because of generous contributions to the “Bikes for Brains” campaign. Organizers hope to raise a similar amount this year. Available at the news conference for interviews will be the project leadership team: Regional Superintendent of Schools, Jim Widdop, Sandy Seeley of Queens’ Parlour, and Steve DePron of Bike ‘N Hike.
WHO: “Bikes for Brains” organizers and a past recipient
WHAT: News conference launching this year’s campaign
WHERE: Queens’ Parlour (171-19th Avenue in Moline)
WHY: Put a smile on over 100 kids’ faces this Christmas season
The bikes will be given away to qualified recipients identified by Head Start, the Early Childhood Centers, and Christian Friendliness on Monday, December 14th from noon to 7 PM at the Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island.
Donations can be dropped off or mailed to:
Moline, IL 61265
Donors can make check payable to:
Bikes for Brains
Here is a brief history of the campaign past eight years of success:
Tags See All Tags