- Buy OEM Adobe Prelude CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth
- 149.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended MAC cheap oem
- 149.95$ DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Virtual Instruments in Logic Pro
- Discount - CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Xilisoft Audio Maker 3 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Symantec Winfax Pro 10.4
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate 5.5
- Buy Cheap Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
|The Papercrete Potter|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Amanda Heitz|
|Friday, 24 January 2014 10:45|
In any given year about 55 percent of the paper created in the United States is discarded. That amounts to 48 million tons, or the equivalent of 720 million trees that are used once and then buried in a landfill. The ISU Scott County Extension & Outreach Master Gardeners have invited Lee Coates, The Papercrete Potter to teach the “Art of Papercrete.” With the simple technique you will learn in this class you will be able to turn a portion of this waste into a long lasting treasure.
Coates will teach each class how to mix the recipe and the steps to create weatherproof containers for planting, or a variety of sculptures, which could become a beautiful focal point in your garden. This is a simple, easily mastered process.
Each student will receive a mold and enough ready mixed material to build a papercrete bowl suitable for a dish garden. The bowl, mold, and a set of written directions are included in the cost of your class and will be yours to take home.
Beautiful containers, plants and items suitable for use in miniature landscapes and Fairy Gardens will be available to purchase, and there should be ample time to shop.
The event will be held on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at the ISU Scott County Extension and Outreach Office, 875 Tanglefoot Lane, Bettendorf, Iowa 52722, phone number 563-359-7577. Registration ends March 20, 2014.
Four one hour classes will be offered at: 8:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 1:45 p.m., and 3:45 p.m. Please indicate your first and a second choice of class times. The cost of each class is $20.00, payable in advance at the Extension Office, or by mail sent to the Extension Office at the above address.
Tags See All Tags