- Download Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC
- Buy 1Click DVD To iPod 2 (en)
- Buy Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 (en,br,nl,fr,de,it,es)
- 89.95$ proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 MAC (en)
- Discount - Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition
- 319.95$ Autodesk Inventor 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Audio Mixing Bootcamp
- Buy Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC (en,de,fr,ja)
|The Virgin Mary in Art|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Wednesday, 18 December 2013 14:57|
Davenport, Iowa (December 18, 2013) – The Virgin Mary in Art will be on view at the Figge Art Museum starting Saturday in the second floor gallery.
The exhibition will feature a dozen paintings from the Figge’s permanent collection, including images that focus on Mary’s relationship with the infant Jesus. Visitors will view scenes of Mary nursing the Christ Child, gazing at him in loving contemplation or playing with him. The works celebrate the endless love and compassion of the Virgin for her son and, by extension, for all of humanity.
The primary function of these paintings was to convey fundamental beliefs of the Christian faith and inspire meditation and prayer. The artists of the paintings employed a variety of symbolic motifs and other visual strategies to communicate Mary’s unique position within the church.
The exhibition will be on view through February 17, 2014.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags