- 149.95$ Adobe Audition CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Download VMware Fusion 6 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection MAC
- 249.95$ Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop Insider Training: Photo Restoration (en)
- Buy OEM Steinberg Cubase 4
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection
- Buy Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Selections in Depth
- Discount - Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - jQuery Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2013 (USA Version)
|The Virtues of Bikes, Bourbon and Rock N Roll|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Saturday, 26 January 2013 09:30|
Blurring Gender Roles are Fine, Writer/Rocker Says, But Men Still Need to be Men
Does a real man stay at home with the kids while his wife goes to work? Is he OK if she earns more than him? Will he do the cooking – and like it?
Yes, yes and yes, says contemporary philosopher Eli Just, author of the popular supernatural adventure series that begins with “Manny Jones and the Place” (www.
“The ‘new masculinity’ – the new manly man – understands the value of blurring those old gender lines. And he’s also found the satisfaction and real pleasure that comes with some of those things,” Just says.
“But he balances that with some of the old old-school ideas about what it is to be a man. There’s still a lot to be said for the freedom of roaring along a highway on a motorcycle, sipping bourbon, and playing rock ‘n roll with your buddies in the garage.”
Just points to a poll of more than 87,000 men in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. AskMen’s Great Male Survey found that:
This new appreciation of men’s roles and responsibilities is great, Just says, but if guys want to remain attractive to the opposite sex, they need to retain some of their guy-liness.
“Men need to be open to adventure. They need to be courageous. And they need to lose those little skinny jeans and dress like men,” he says. “We’re already slipping on achievement – more women are getting college degrees than men. More women than men are breadwinners.
“There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being a woman. I love women. But men are not women and we shouldn’t try to be!”
What does he recommend for putting some muscle back into manhood?
About Eli Just
Eli Just is the author of several books including the popular “Manny Jones” series and “The Eddy.” He has a master’s in history from Southeastern Louisiana University and is a self-taught student of physics, which he taught at the high school level. As a Christian, Just enjoys exploring themes involving physics and its relationship to religion. He lives in northern Georgia.
Tags See All Tags