- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Creating Dynamic Menus
- 99.95$ Adobe Fireworks CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Download TuneUp Utilities 2008
- Discount - Adobe eLearning Suite 2
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 New Features
- Buy Cheap Aglare DVD Ripper Platinum 6
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy OEM Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5
- Discount - ElcomSoft Advanced VBA Password Recovery 1.62
- Buy OEM Red Giant PluralEyes 3
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
|Theatre Cedar Rapids Announces 80th Season Production Lineup|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Richie Akers|
|Monday, 08 April 2013 10:28|
April 8 2013 - Cedar Rapids, Iowa. For Immediate Release: Theatre Cedar Rapids Announces 80th Season Lineup of Productions.
With great anticipation and several shows projected to play to sell-out crowds, we are proud to announce our 80th Season lineup. Current Members and Subscribers are able to purchase a full season subscription now via mail-in form or the TCR Box Office. In an effort to embrace new technology, current Members and Subscribers will also be able to complete subscription orders online starting May 1st, as will the general public starting June 1st. There has never been a better season to be a subscriber and a donor at one of the nation's top community theatres. Let the magic begin!
Subscription pricing for 8 shows:
TCR 80th Season MAINSTAGE MUSICALS
Jesus Christ Superstar
- Lyrics by Tim Rice, Music by Andrew Lloyd Weber. This groundbreaking rock opera explores the last seven days of Christ's life. Filled with struggle, love, faith, and music, this rock opera debuted on Broadway in 1971, and changed the face of musical theatre forever. Superstar was last produced at TCR in 1986.
Monty Python's Spamalot
- Book and Lyrics by Eric Idle, Music by John Du Prez. Lovingly ripped off from the classic film comedy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Spamalot retells the legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, and features a bevy of beautiful showgirls, killer rabbits, cows, and French people. Truly, one of the funniest shows to come out of Broadway in a long while. This is TCR's first production of Spamalot.
- Book by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg, Music by Claude-Michel Schonberg, Lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer. An international smash-hit that quite possibly is the most popular musical in the world, Les Misérables is the moving story of Jean Valjean and his struggle for redemption and peace. Set against the backdrop of 19th century France and the French revolution, this popular masterpiece promises to be one of TCR's biggest undertakings ever.
TCR 80th Season MAINSTAGE PLAYS
Miracle on 34th Street
- Adapted from the novel by Valentine Davies and based on the Twentieth Century Fox motion picture. Based on one of the most heartwarming holiday films, Miracle on 34th Street follows a man who claims to be Kris Kringle while he works as Macy's Santa. Kris unleashes waves of good will with Macy's customers, and touches the heart of everyone he meets. However, not everyone believes in Santa Claus, and Kris ends up in court, where the Spirit of Christmas prevails. TCR last produced this classic in 1998.
To Kill A Mockingbird
- Adapted by Christopher Sergel from the novel by Harper Lee. Based on the renowned novel by Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird is the story of Scout, a young girl in a quiet southern town in 1935, who, along with her older brother, is, being raised by her widowed, lawyer father, and their strong-minded housekeeper. As Atticus defends a young Black man wrongfully accused of a grave crime, Scout learns about prejudice, compassion, justice, and love. This play was last produced by TCR in 1999.
80th Season GRANDON STUDIO PRODUCTIONSUnderground New Play Festival
- Playwrights TBA. This will be TCR's fourth Underground Festival and the third Underground New Play Festival. As we continue to produce this exciting showcase for new work, the submissions get better and audiences continue to clamor for these never-before-seen short plays, one-acts, and full-length productions.
Neil Simon's Jake's Women
- Neil Simon. Jake faces a marital crisis by daydreaming about the women in his life. The wildly comic and sometimes moving flashbacks played in his mind are interrupted by visitations from actual women. Jake's women include his dead first wife, his daughter now and back then, his bossy sister, his opinionated analyst, his soon-to-be-ex-wife, and a prospective third wife. TCR last did this show in 1997.
For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf
- Ntozake Shange. This groundbreaking choreopoem is a spellbinding collection of vivid prose and free verse narratives about and performed by Black women. Capturing the brutal, tender and dramatic lives of contemporary Black women, For Colored Girls... offers a transformative, riveting evening of provocative dance, music and poetry. This is the first time TCR has presented this show.
God of Carnage
- Yasmina Reza, translated by Christopher Hampton. Winner of the 2009 Tony Award, this play is a brutally entertaining and hilarious story of two sets of Brooklyn parents brought together for a meeting regarding a playground altercation between their eleven-year-old sons. This is the first production of God of Carnage at TCR.
80th Season SPECIAL EVENTS at TCR2013/14 TCR Curtain Raiser
A retrospective and entertaining evening, with a goal of "raising the curtain" while previewing the new season.September 6, 2013
DIVAPALOOZA: Estrogen Force Field
A new DIVAPALOOZA show you won't want to miss. Imagine Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, and Bette Midler all together on one stage. That, in a nutshell, is the experience of DIVAPALOOZA. The ladies in this trio have each garnered well-deserved comparisons to their more famous counterparts: Janelle Lauer tears it up as the explosive rhythm & blues powerhouse; Jane Pini is the embodiment of a true 60's rock & roll acid queen; Lynne Rothrock hits the perfect balance between elegant, beautiful vocals, and saucy, hilarious stage banter. A band of the finest musicians accompany this talented group. There is something for everyone - rhythm & blues, jazz, musical theatre, rock & roll, folk, and country. On stage at Theatre Cedar Rapids September 13 & 14, 2013
Music Man Concert with Orchestra Iowa
- Book, Music, and Lyrics by Meredith Willson. The Music Man follows fast-talking traveling salesman Harold Hill as he cons the people of River City, Iowa into buying instruments and uniforms for a boy's band he vows to organize - this despite the fact he doesn't know a trombone from a treble clef. His plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for Marian the librarian, who transforms him into a respectable citizen by curtain's fall. A full production of this show was last mounted at TCR in 1992. On stage at the Paramount Theatre September 26-29, 2013 Rated G (Note: Concert, perfect for the entire family)
Tags See All Tags