- Buy Cheap Hazel 3
- Discount - Avanquest MyLogoMaker Professional 2
- Buy Cheap Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - FrameMaker 10 Essential Training (en)
- 399.95$ GibbsCAM 2013 64-bit cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office Access 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Web Design
- 19.95$ Web Page Maker 3 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Corel Painter X3 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processing (en)
- 39.95$ Intuit TurboTax Premier 2009 cheap oem
|Theatre Cedar Rapids to Hold Auditions for Ntozake Shange's For Colored Girls December 8th and 9th at 7:00 p.m.|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Theatre Cedar Rapids|
|Monday, 25 November 2013 15:16|
November 25, 2013 - THEATRE CEDAR RAPIDS, CEDAR RAPIDS, IA - Theatre Cedar Rapids will hold auditions for Ntozake Shange's classic choreopoem For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enough on December 8th and 9th at 7:00 p.m. at Theatre Cedar Rapids. Performances are February 21 - March 15, 2014 in TCR's Grandon Studio.
The groundbreaking choreopoem is a spellbinding collection of vivid prose and free verse capturing the brutal, tender and dramatic lives of contemporary women of color. For Colored Girls offers a fearless, transformative, riveting evening of provocative dance, music and poetry. Shange's legendary work was praised by The New Yorker for "encompassing . . . every feeling and experience a woman has ever had."
For Colored Girls presents a series of poems and movement performed by seven female characters, each known only by a color: Lady in Yellow, Lady in Purple, Lady in Brown, Lady in Red, Lady in Blue, Lady in Orange and Lady in Green.
Women of color are strongly encouraged to audition. Movement and dance experience a plus but not required. One experienced dancer with acting ability is sought.
Angie Toomsen directs, with movement and choreography by TCR education director, Matthew R. Kerns,MFA.
Auditions will take place starting at 7:00 p.m. on December 8 and 9. There will be a group warm up and movement activity, followed by individual readings. Actors may read from the script but may also bring pieces that help demonstrate emotional risk and range, including monologues under two minutes and brief literature/poetry readings.
Rehearsals will begin in early January with flexible meetings and text work beginning in December.
An official Facebook Event for the auditions can be found here: https://www.facebook.
Tags See All Tags