- Download Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout
- Buy OEM GibbsCAM 2013 32-bit
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC (en,de,fr,ja)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processing
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 New Features cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Web Redesign: Strategies for Success
- 89.95$ Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 cheap oem
- Buy Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2008 Professional (en)
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Download Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
|Thursday, March 22 was World Water Day|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Jewish National Fund|
|Friday, 23 March 2012 12:38|
Change Begins with a Drop
The best way to understand how important it is to maintain the world's water resources is to figure out how you fit into this global picture. Calculate your water usage.
That's the water you see directly. Water consumption you don’t see, known as virtual water, is the amount needed to create the foods we eat and the products we use. Like the amount of water farm animals drink, the water used to grow their feed, and the water needed to manufacture clothing. That adds up quickly.
Water scarcity, a worldwide concern, has been met head-on by Israel for years. Israel is a leader in desalination technology and water recycling, reusing 75% of its waste water every year—the highest rate in the world. Most of this water is used for agriculture, which saves scarce fresh water for human consumption. JNF's reservoirs and cutting-edge wetlands technology have increased Israel's total water supply by 12%. These techniques are shared with the countries around the world, helping to make it a better place.
Tags See All Tags