- Download Nuance OmniPage Professional 17
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Download Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Acala DivX DVD Player Assist
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications
- Buy Cheap Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
- 19.95$ CrossOver 13.0 MAC cheap oem
- 249.95$ Autodesk Maya 2011 MAC cheap oem
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 (en)
- Discount - Adobe Framemaker 10
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium
|Thursdays at the Figge presents…|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Emily Timmons|
|Tuesday, 02 April 2013 14:34|
Davenport, Iowa (April 2, 2013) – Kick Thursday night off right on Thursday, April 4 FREE admission after 5 p.m. Guests can order their favorite beverage from the bar as they are enthralled by a live performance in the Figge lobby from Dancers in Company: The University of Iowa’s Repertoire Dance Ensemble at 6 p.m.
Dancers In Company’s 12 undergraduate and graduate student dancers perform live concerts and lecture demonstrations for audiences of all ages throughout the Midwest under the direction of Charlotte Adam. This season’s diverse program is choreographed by New York City-based guest choreographer Nicolas Leichter, faculty choreographers Alan Sener, Charlotte Adams, Jennifer Kayle, Armando Duarte and Deanna Carter, and graduate student choreographer Zoe Bennett.
Visitors can also enjoy a 6 p.m. tour of the exhibition University of Iowa Art Faculty Biennial and full access to the museum’s exhibition galleries.
Artist Steve McGuire, professor of 3D design and metal arts at the University of Iowa, will present a lecture, “Single Speed Geograhy on the Continental Divide—Designing, Building, Riding” on his current work at 7 p.m. McGuire’s work centers on titanium hand-built bicycles and the stories of time-trialing them, self-supported, in unforgiving locations such as the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The challenge behind this task is simple: Design a mountain bike to travel self-supported; build it yourself; and then exist well outside one’s comfort zone in tackling a time-trial odyssey.
Each Thursday, the Figge offers a different experience to the public, such as a lecture, class, performance or other special activity. Most Thursdays begin at 5 p.m. with a cash bar and light snacks. Museum admission is free on Thursdays after 5 p.m.
Tags See All Tags