- Buy Cheap GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Discount - Altova DiffDog 2009
- 369.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 Essential Training (en)
- Download Acronis Disk Director 11 Home
- Buy Cheap Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
- Buy Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition (en,es,fr,ja,it)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 14: Shape Layers
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Framemaker 9
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Creating Dynamic Menus
|Tips on How You and Your Kids Can Be Healthy This Thanksgiving|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Stephanie Walsh, M.D.|
|Tuesday, 15 November 2011 13:58|
Author: Stephanie Walsh, M.D., Medical Director, Child Wellness, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
The Thanksgiving holiday season is a wonderful time of the year filled with family, friends and of course, food. While the spirit of Thanksgiving is to give thanks for all that we have, the holiday has become increasingly focused on food and eating. There’s no harm in enjoying a meal with your family on Thanksgiving, but it’s important to remember that the purpose of the holiday is not simply to over-eat.
Childhood obesity continues to be a threatening epidemic in Georgia. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is continuing to see cases of obesity at all three of its hospitals. The consequences of obesity on children include health issues that are typically seen only in adults, such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, joint problems and high cholesterol. Strong4Life aims to help families take small steps that add up to big changes to help prevent or reverse the consequences of obesity.
Thankfully, there are a lot of ways you can make this Thanksgiving a healthier one for the whole family. Strong4Life helps families bring together four essential building blocks every kid needs to be healthy – Eat Right, Be Active, Get Support and Have Fun. You don’t have to take a break from trying to be healthy just because it’s the holidays; instead, try incorporating one or two of the tips below into your family’s holiday routine:
Remember that parents serve as role models for their children, so make sure your actions are ones that you would want your children to follow. By making a few simple changes, your whole family can enjoy a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!
Tags See All Tags