- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Macro and Close-Up cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe InCopy CS6 MAC
- Discount - Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (32-bit)
- Buy Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book (en)
- 29.95$ AAA Logo 2010 Business Edition 3 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe Framemaker 10 cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (64-bit)
- Download Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2008 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Discount - Corel DVD MovieFactory 6 PLUS
|Top-Selling Indie Author Shares 4 Tips for Marketing Your Book|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 09 July 2013 08:26|
Building a Following is a Marathon, Not a Sprint,
Says Corporate Exec-Turned-Novelist
If you want people to read your book, you have to be more than a talented storyteller or researcher – you will need plenty of persistence, says Darlene Quinn, a 75-year-old award-winning novelist whose passion for the written word trumped her lucrative position as a top executive at the legendary Bullocks Wilshire department stores.
“Sometimes an author has it easy; either they’re already a celebrity, or their name has been widely reported in a major public scandal – or both – but not even those criteria guarantee readership,” says Quinn, author of "Unpredictable Webs", (www.darlenequinn.net), the newest in her stand-alone series of suspense-filled dramatic novels.
“Many authors will tell you just don’t get into the book-writing business, because writing something that people will want to read is challenge enough. Then you face the daunting process of getting people to buy it!”
She offers these tips for getting your book in front of the masses – and enticing them to buy it.
About Darlene Quinn
Darlene Quinn is an author and journalist from Long Beach, Calif., whose novels about deceit, intrigue and glamour in the retail fashion industry were inspired by her years with Bullocks Wilshire specialty department stores. Her newest, Unpredictable Webs, is the winner of the Beverly Hills Book Awards for Excellence in Fiction and was selected as the number-one President's choice before publication. The novel continues her series, including Webs of Fate, which won the 2011 Reader's Favorites Award before it hit bookshelves; Webs of Power, winner of a 2009 National Indie Excellence Award, and Twisted Webs, winner of the 2011 International Book Award for General Fiction and the 2011 National Indie Excellence Awards for General Fiction.
Tags See All Tags