- Buy Cheap Adobe SoundBooth CS5
- Buy Cheap Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate
- Download Lynda.com - MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009
- Buy ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 (en)
- 99.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS4
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash CS3 Professional
- Buy OEM GFI FAXmaker 14.1
- Discount - Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Buy Adobe InDesign CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC (en)
|Traditional Iowa and Presidential Success Inspire Iowa State Fair Butter Sculptures|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Monday, 15 July 2013 14:14|
DES MOINES, IA (07/15/2013)(readMedia)-- The world-famous Iowa State Fair Butter Cow will share the spotlight this year with the majestic Lincoln Highway. The sculptures will be on display in the Agriculture Building's 40 degree cooler throughout the Fair, August 8-18.
This year's companion sculptures honor an Iowa landmark's anniversary with a replica of the Lincoln Highway Bridge in Tama and a relief sculpture of Abraham Lincoln. As the nation celebrates the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation and Gettysburg Address, Iowa's Lincoln Highway is also reaching a milestone. One of the first transcontinental highways for automobiles in the U.S., the 100-year-old highway stretches from New York to San Francisco.
In Iowa, the Lincoln Highway was built by the collective strength of small towns throughout the highway's route. Residents promoted the road, raised funds and contributed labor. To celebrate this labor of love's 100 year anniversary drivers traveled from New York to San Francisco, retracing the winding path.
In addition to the beloved butter sculptures, the Ag Building offers a variety of events and exhibits. Returning this year is the Seed Survivor exhibit where kids learn about plants and what makes them grow with this interactive display. Young Fairgoers can also explore the AgVenture Discovery Trail's 10 stops and discover the wide array of Iowa's agricultural commodities ranging from livestock production to wind energy to viticulture (grapes).
Don't miss other great exhibits and demonstrations including giant pumpkins, jumbo vegetables, Discovery Garden, daily stage presentations and more!
"Nothing Compares" to the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University Avenue, just 10 minutes east of downtown Des Moines. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags