- Download Cyberlink PowerDirector 9
- Discount - Corel Painter 12
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Elements 4
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Revit MEP 2011
- Buy Alien Skin Bokeh 2 MAC (en)
- Discount - Alsoft DiskWarrior 4 MAC
- Buy Cheap SmileOnMyMac disclabel 6 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Office SharePoint Workspace 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
|Treasurer Fitzgerald Cautions, This Isn't the Wild West|
|News Releases - Business, Economy & Finance|
|Written by Michael Fitzgerald|
|Tuesday, 24 May 2011 12:58|
DES MOINES, IA (05/24/2011)(readMedia)-- State Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald responded today to Governor Branstad's claims of being the "new sheriff in town." "This isn't the Wild West, we aren't looking for Wyatt Earp to come in and have a shoot out," Fitzgerald said. "We are looking for a leader that can compromise and do what is in the best interest of all Iowans."
"The state of Iowa is in a strong financial position," Fitzgerald stated. "Governor Branstad is trying to convince Iowans there is a fiscal mess to clean up. I've been sending the same message for over a year – Iowa is fiscally sound." Fitzgerald pointed to a balanced budget, a projected $400 million dollar surplus, $600 million in the reserves, and a AAA credit rating as indicators to counter Branstad's claims.
"Mohandas Gandhi once said, "I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people" Fitzgerald quoted. "I urge the Governor to take off the sheriff's badge, roll up his sleeves and work on a compromise for all Iowans."
Tags See All Tags