- Discount - Photoshop CS5 For Dummies
- 19.95$ Web Page Maker 3 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Director 11.5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture
- 379.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2010 Standard with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Roxio Creator 2010 Pro (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Fireworks CS6 New Features
- 19.95$ Avanquest PowerDesk Pro 7 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe After Effects CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
|Treasurer Fitzgerald Helps Teachers Prepare Students for the Iowa Assessment Test|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Michael Fitzgerald|
|Tuesday, 06 December 2011 13:53|
DES MOINES, IA (11/29/2011)(readMedia)-- State Treasurer Michael L. Fitzgerald is offering a helping hand to teachers across the state for the Iowa Assessment Test by providing students with a new number two pencil to use on test day. The treasurer's program, Prepare for the Basics, is a no-cost program being offered to 2nd and 3rd grade teachers. Last year the program distributed over 12,800 pencils to schools statewide. "Testing helps teachers monitor the growth of students' basic skills," Fitzgerald said. "This program is a small gesture of appreciation to our teachers for their hard work."
Along with the new pencil, students will receive information to take home about College Savings Iowa. College Savings Iowa is a state-sponsored 529 plan designed to help Iowa families meet the continually increasing costs of higher education while providing them with multiple tax benefits, including a $2,865 deduction per account from their 2011 state taxable income.* "Families who begin saving early are better prepared to meet the future educational needs of their children," Fitzgerald stated. "Saving ahead of time may reduce the need to borrow for college, which can help families-and their children-get to graduation with less debt."
Teachers who would like to take part in the Prepare for the Basics program are encouraged to go to the treasurer's website at www.treasurer.state.ia.us. They can register by clicking on the Education tab and then clicking on the Prepare for the Basics Campaign. To ensure timely arrival, materials should be requested at least two weeks prior to testing. The materials will be delivered directly to the participating schools. Supplies are limited, so early registration is advised. For more information about this program, or College Savings Iowa, please visit www.collegesavingsiowa.com or call 1-888-672-9116.
*Adjusted annually for inflation. If withdrawals are not qualified, the deductions must be added back to Iowa taxable income.
Tags See All Tags