- Download Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Buy Cheap PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows®
- Buy OEM Adobe Acrobat X Suite
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Design in Motion cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012
- 149.95$ Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Ultimate cheap oem
- Buy OEM Intuit Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009
- 179.95$ Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Captivate CC (en,de,es,fr,pt,ja,ko)
- 19.95$ Many Tricks Usher MAC cheap oem
- Download FL Studio 8 XXL
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - C# Essential Training
|Tthe Figge brings France to area college students|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Friday, 11 November 2011 14:35|
Davenport, Iowa - November 2011 – College students looking to be immersed in French culture will find just that at the Figge Art Museum’s annual College Night. As an extension of the current exhibition, Turn of the Century Posters from the Krannert Art Museum Collection, which features works from French artists, “Paris When it Sizzles” will be a night full of engaging French-themed activities and ambiance. The event is co-sponsored with the University of Iowa Museum of Art and hosted by Western Illinois University Museum Studies students.
On Thursday, November 17 from 7-10 p.m. students, faculty and staff from any college or university will be welcome to the museum for free. Guests will be greeted by student volunteers from Western Illinois University dressed in period costumes. Guests can participate in “Cabaret Karaoke” presented by ABC Karaoke, printmaking demonstrations in the studios and various creativity challenges.
“The Naughty Tour” of Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec’s posters featured in the Turn of the Century Posters exhibition will show guests the wild history surrounding the artist and his subjects. Visitors can also check out “Paris, Je T’Aime,” numerous film shorts about life in the City of Love. Truffles, crêpes and other French treats will be served throughout the night to guests completing a scavenger hunt. The museum café will also be open, serving delicious croque-monsieur and croque-madame sandwiches, in addition to other menu items.
In addition the current exhibition, the 2011 College Invitational will be on view in the Mary Waterman Gildehaus Community Gallery. Over 40 works from area college students will be featured in the exhibition covering a variety of mediums, including book arts, drawing, painting, photography, and video. This exhibition will be on view until December 31, 2011.
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in Downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, Sundays noon to 5 pm and Thursdays 10 am to 9 pm. To contact the museum, please call 563-326-7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags