- Download Lynda.com - Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques
- Download Aurora Media Workshop
- Buy OEM ChemTable Reg Organizer 4.21
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics
- Download Nik Software Dfine 2.0
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (32-bit)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (en,zh,cs,nl,fr,de,it,ja,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,tr)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (32-bit)
- 129.95$ Adobe Fireworks CS5 cheap oem
|UI Heart and Vascular Center first in Iowa to provide new heart valve treatment|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Hawkeye Caucus|
|Tuesday, 21 February 2012 09:31|
Leaders of University of Iowa Heart and Vascular Center have reported that their heart valve team has treated half a dozen patients with a new, cutting-edge treatment for seriously ill patients affected by severe heart valve problems.
The new technology uses a catheter inserted through a small incision in a patient’s thigh that travels through blood vessels and can be used to replace a person’s failing heart valve in the aortic artery.
The technology is reserved for patients with severe aortic stenosis who are considered too high risk for traditional forms of heart valve replacement surgery, or were previously considered inoperable.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently approved the treatment, called the SAPIEN percutaneous heart valve replacement, manufactured by Edwards LifeSciences.
DID YOU KNOW?
Helping Iowa entrepreneurs get a leg up
Lots of people come up with ideas for new businesses. Finding the money to get them off the ground is the tough part.
To help those would-be Iowa entrepreneurs, the University of Iowa’s John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center (JPEC) offers workshops and contests to assist students, faculty and staff hone their elevator pitch and business plan writing skills. These abilities are vital in successfully securing start-up money from financiers and venture capitalists.
Each year, JPEC sponsors or co-sponsors six competitions that provide training and practice. They could obtain seed money, too, as competition winners can receive anywhere from $500 to $25,000 in start-up capital.
For more information on JPEC’s contests, visit: http://www.iowajpec.org/
DID YOU KNOW?
Tags See All Tags