- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
- 199.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ Karelia Software Sandvox 2 MAC cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS4
- 49.95$ ACDSee Pro 3 cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Background Processes with Web Workers (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Python 3 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit)
|UNA official to speak at The Canticle - Mar. 18th|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Sallyann McCarthy|
|Friday, 08 March 2013 14:53|
PUBLIC MEETING TO FEATURE OPEN FORUM
Iran, Syria and the UN: How can we ignore the humanitarian crisis?
Yashar Vasef, executive director of the Iowa United Nations Association (UNA), will address the links between understanding the role of the United Nations (UN), the relationship between the U.S. and Iran and how the current humanitarian crisis in Syria fits into the picture of Middle East tensions.
Vasef, a native of Iran, who along with family fled the country in the midst of the Iran-Iraq War of the 1980’s, will speak at a free, public forum at The Canticle, home of the Sisters of. Francis, 841-13th Ave. No., Clinton, on Monday, March 18, beginning at 6:30 pm. The meeting is co-sponsored by the Clinton Branch, American Association of University Women (AAUW) and the Clinton Franciscan Center for Active Nonviolence and Peacemaking. The Clinton Franciscans have served on the Iowa UNA Board for nearly 20 years.
Incorporating his personal history and his experience working for UNA, Vasef will analyze the current situation, examining how the U.S. is utilizing the UN against Iran and vice versa and presenting an overview of the role the UN plays in the process of alleviating tensions between the two nations.
Tags See All Tags