- Discount - Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (64 bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)
- 69.95$ Sage ACT Premium 2011 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Nuance PaperPort Professional 12.1 (en,de,fr)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Buy Microsoft Project Professional 2013 (en,ar,cs,da,de,el,es,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sv,tr,uk,fi)
- 379.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Apple iWork 09 MAC
- Buy Nuance PDF Converter Professional 6 (en)
|Undead Dance At the Figge|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Stephen Mohr|
|Thursday, 11 November 2010 08:49|
In conjunction with its exhibition, Dancing Towards Death, the Figge Art Museum will be hosting Ballet Quad Cities for a special encore performance of I, Vampire at 6:30 PM Thursday, November 18. Join us for a special night of art, dance and other activities as two great Quad Cities cultural institutions collaborate to entertain and educate on the dead and undead! Ballet Quad Cities will give a reprise presentation of I, Vampire in the third floor gallery space at the museum. Inspired by local author Michael Romkey’s1990 novel about the transformation of Chicago lawyer David Parker into one of the undead, this modern-day ballet explores the sinister yet sensual relationship between vampires and their victims.
At 7:00 PM. St Ambrose University professor of Art & Art History, Terri Switzer, will talk in the John Deere Auditorium. The lecture, “The Queen of Sins and ‘la mort qui danse’: Late 19th Century Femme Fatale Imagery”, will explore imagery of the popular European theme of the diabolic seductress through the deadly embrace and bewitching beauty of vampiric man-eating females, syphilis-ridden prostitutes, and the many Salomes and Judiths carrying severed male heads.
Admission to the museum and all activities is FREE after 5 PM. The Figge will be providing a free art lesson in the studios from 5:30 – 6:30 PM. Guided gallery tours start at 6 PM. The bar and café open at 5 PM. The museum is open until 9 PM.
Tags See All Tags