- Download Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License) cheap oem
- Download 1Click DVD Movie 3
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate CC
- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training (en)
- Buy OEM Camtasia Studio 8
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Drupal 7: Reporting and Visualizing Data
- Discount - Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 (en,ja,kr,de,es,it,pt,fr,ne,br,sv,ru,cs,pl,tr)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Messaging And Communications In Depth (en)
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 08 June 2012 11:33|
Critics say the presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney seems “stiff” and out of touch. Some say it’s because of his immense wealth. Ross H. Palfreyman, a Mormon author of Two Years in God’s Mormon Army (www.mormonarmy.net), thinks it’s something else.
“People get distracted by religion, especially the Mormon religion, because, hey, we do some quirky stuff,” Palfreyman says. “I think Romney has stayed away from the personal stuff because much of it has to do with being Mormon. But if people knew about his experiences as a Mormon, they’d see his softer side.”
Like Palfreyman, Romney served two years as a Mormon missionary, a rite of passage that teaches young men compassion and self-discipline, among other values, Palfeyman says. That time away from home – no visits allowed and only two phone calls a year on Mother’s Day and Christmas – can be the most memorable in a Mormon’s lifetime, he says.
Palfreyman offers facts for voters about Mormonism and Romney’s relationship to it:
Romney is far more than the stiff businessman in a suit often seen in public, Palfreyman says.
“Clearly, there’s a softer and more developed side to Mitt Romney, because he was a great bishop from all I’ve heard,” he says. “His religion is the elephant in the room, but he’s got to keep it from distracting from his message about what he would do as the nation’s leader.”
About Ross H. Palfreyman
Ross H. Palfreyman is a Laguna Beach, Calif., lawyer who began his mission work in 1973 in Thailand, during the Vietnam War and the Thai Revolution of ’73. Two years of trying to convince devout Buddhists that they’d be better off as Mormons was trying enough, he also was threatened at gunpoint and fended off parasites and rabid dogs during his “indentured servitude.” He initially wrote about his experiences for his six children. Palfreyman’s youngest son returns from his mission in Mexico in August.
Tags See All Tags