- Download Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014
- Buy Microsoft Publisher 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Discount - Lynda.com - PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010 (en)
- Download iExpert Registry Clean Expert 4.58
- Discount - Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training
- 299.95$ Geometric CAMWorks 2014 32-bit cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training (en)
- Download Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Xilisoft DVD Creator 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Premiere Pro CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
|Unique pairing of scientists with school children this week|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Monday, 10 May 2010 14:17|
Fifth and sixth graders at Earl Hanson School are participating in the “National Lab Day” celebration this week by learning about water treatment programs. Area scientists and professors are going to spend part of the day educating 100 students about clean water, water conservation, third world water problems, etc.
The connection among the school and scientists was made by teacher, Kate Lievens, who signed up online through a relatively new nationwide program called “National Lab Day” (www.NationalLabDay.org). At this site teachers sign up for projects they would like to see in their classrooms and are matched up with scientists who want to help educate area school children.
The media is invited to see National Lab Day in action Wednesday, May 12th beginning at 11:00 at Earl Hanson School (4000 9th Street). Available for interviews are Lievens, Dr. Kevin Geedey (Professor of Biology at Augustana College), Sandy O’Neill with the Rock Island Water Treatment Plant, Bob Bohannon a Moline Water lab Chemist and Greg Swanson, Moline’s Utilities General Manager.
The National Lab Day site is one element in a White House initiative to encourage public-private partnerships in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education. Lievens is one of the first teachers to participate in the program and has been featured in a national science magazine.
Tags See All Tags