- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Pixelmator MAC
- Buy Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,nb,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Macro and Close-Up (en)
- Download Lynda.com - SQL Essential Training
- 199.95$ Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012 cheap oem
- Discount - Symantec Norton Ghost™ 15.0
- Buy OEM Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS6 Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks
- Discount - Red Giant Effects Suite 11 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 MAC
- Buy OEM ACDSee Canvas 11 with GIS Module
|Universal design is smart design|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Morgan Zenner|
|Wednesday, 19 June 2013 07:43|
Design solutions cover long-term, situational needs for all
Des Plaines, Illinois, June 18, 2013—Remodeling trends may come and go, but one trend has evolved into an improved design movement focused on increasing accessibility for everyone in the home. The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) recognizes universal design projects as proven design solutions for not only aging-in-place, but for families with special needs or anyone who wishes to move about his or her home freely, without barriers.
Russell Long, president of Aloha Home Builders based in Eugene, Ore., is a pioneer of Universal Design, remodeling his home to fit the accessibility needs of his 16-year-old son who was born with cerebral palsy.
Though Long’s accessibility needs may be greater than others, he always communicates the benefit of Universal Design to all of his clients. “Most people don’t think about Universal Design until it’s too late,” he says. “A healthy person can be injured or need to care for a loved one who is aging, and suddenly, your needs have changed,” he says.
Long believes many of the design elements incorporated into his project, which won a 2012 Northwest Regional CotY Award in the Entire House $500,000 to $1,000,000 category with Universal Design Project Recognition, are convenient and luxurious, as well as functional and wheelchair accessible. For example, the universal design features from his project include:
The key to Universal Design, according to Long, is to come up with design solutions that address current needs and future needs down the road. “We tried to think of solutions that could easily be added or taken out if we needed them or decided to sell our home one day,” Long says.
He also adds a big misconception of Universal Design is that it looks institutional. “We research products and designs that blend functionality with beautiful aesthetics of a home, so that it never compromises a client’s style,” Long says.
NARI is the source for homeowners seeking to hire a professional remodeling contractor because members are full-time, dedicated remodelers who follow a strict code of ethics that observes high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility.
Visit the NARI.org site to get tips on how to hire a remodeling professional and to search for NARI members in your area.
Click here to see an online version of this press release.
# # #About NARI: The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) is the only trade association dedicated solely to the remodeling industry. The Association, which represents 7,000 member companies nationwide—comprised of 63,000 remodeling contractors— is “The Voice of the Remodeling Industry.”™ To learn more about membership, visit www.NARI.org or contact national headquarters, based in Des Plaines, Ill., at (847) 298-9200.
Tags See All Tags