- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - V-Ray 2 0 for 3DS Max Essential Training
- Discount - Acala DVD iPod Ripper
- Buy Cheap Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Download Adobe After Effects CS5.5
- 9.95$ ABest Video to WMV MPEG Converter cheap oem
- Download Nuance PDF Converter Professional 6
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Discount - MacJournal 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Project Management Fundamentals
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Digital Photography Principles: The Camera
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Web Redesign: Strategies for Success
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
|Unsuccessful Prop 2 in Rock Island|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Shelly Chapman|
|Wednesday, 10 April 2013 13:10|
(Rock Island) Proposition 2 and the expansion of the powers of the existing Rock Island Public Building Commission is still the best way to secure financing for updating existing county facilities. It not only allows for savings through refinancing of existing obligations but also ensures that our facilities are maintained for years to come – protecting the next generation of county taxpayers. Unfortunately, this expansion was voted down by the voters and we must respect the voice of the people.
First, I would like to thank all of the voters in this election. This is what democracy is all about and I appreciate all of those who exercised that precious right. Second, I am gratified by the service of those on the County Facilities Ad Hoc Committee that have so graciously and will continue to give volunteer their time for the betterment of Rock Island County. I want to personally thank them and the many County taxpayers who helped in our effort to educate the public on the benefits of the Public Building Commission.
The need for a new courthouse remains. The cheapest form of financing is not available to the taxpayers but we still have to find a cost effective way to replace the current building. So the work continues but it is now moving into a new phase. The Ad Hoc Committee and County Board will attempt to find a way to bring about a space needs assessment and will assess the various options available.
The Ad Hoc Committee has always stated that its responsibility is efficiency, transparency and doing what is in the best interest of the taxpayer of Rock Island County. The lack of passage of Proposition 2 will not change that ideal. Even though there is no question any option available for providing for a new courthouse will cost more than if the county board could have been able to finance through the existing public building commission – the Ad Hoc Committee is committed to the next best solution.
Tags See All Tags