- Buy OEM Intuit Quicken 2010 Home & Business
- Buy Lynda.com - After Effects CS6 Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- Discount - Adobe Flash CS4 Professional MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (64-bit)
- 19.95$ Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Download Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Download ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2009 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Showcase 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (32 bit)
- Download Microsoft Office Publisher 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Smith Micro Anime Studio Pro 8 MAC
|Unsuccessful Prop 2 in Rock Island|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Shelly Chapman|
|Wednesday, 10 April 2013 13:10|
(Rock Island) Proposition 2 and the expansion of the powers of the existing Rock Island Public Building Commission is still the best way to secure financing for updating existing county facilities. It not only allows for savings through refinancing of existing obligations but also ensures that our facilities are maintained for years to come – protecting the next generation of county taxpayers. Unfortunately, this expansion was voted down by the voters and we must respect the voice of the people.
First, I would like to thank all of the voters in this election. This is what democracy is all about and I appreciate all of those who exercised that precious right. Second, I am gratified by the service of those on the County Facilities Ad Hoc Committee that have so graciously and will continue to give volunteer their time for the betterment of Rock Island County. I want to personally thank them and the many County taxpayers who helped in our effort to educate the public on the benefits of the Public Building Commission.
The need for a new courthouse remains. The cheapest form of financing is not available to the taxpayers but we still have to find a cost effective way to replace the current building. So the work continues but it is now moving into a new phase. The Ad Hoc Committee and County Board will attempt to find a way to bring about a space needs assessment and will assess the various options available.
The Ad Hoc Committee has always stated that its responsibility is efficiency, transparency and doing what is in the best interest of the taxpayer of Rock Island County. The lack of passage of Proposition 2 will not change that ideal. Even though there is no question any option available for providing for a new courthouse will cost more than if the county board could have been able to finance through the existing public building commission – the Ad Hoc Committee is committed to the next best solution.
Tags See All Tags