- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
- Buy OEM The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers
- Buy Cheap Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look (en)
- Download Steinberg Nuendo 4.3
- Download Apple iLife `08 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - SQL Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America
- Download NovoSoft Handy Backup 6.1 Server
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS4 Styles
- 299.95$ Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Exposure 6 MAC
- Buy Cheap EFD HD Tune Professional
|Upcoming event at the Muscatine Art Center|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Katy Doherty|
|Wednesday, 25 April 2012 13:44|
1314 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine, IA 52761
CONTACT: KATY DOHERTY, PROGRAM COORDINATOR
MUSCATINE ART CENTER
FOR RELEASE: APRIL 23, 2012
The public is invited to join the Muscatine Art Center in welcoming Muscatine native John Duggleby, writer and musician, as he presents a program based on his book, Artist in Overalls: The Life of Grant Wood. This event will take place Sunday, May 6 at 2:00 p.m. in the Muscatine Art Center’s Music Room and is free and open to the public. There will be copies of John Duggleby’s book to purchase at this event.
John has written several books for young people, including biographies on musicians John Lennon, Ray Charles, and artist Jacob Lawrence. Artist in Overalls, one of Duggleby’s eight children’s books, has received several distinctions including the National Association of Christian Schools’ Children’s Crown Award and the Parents Council Seal of Approval. His book, Story Painter: The Life of Jacob Lawrence, was honored by the National Council for Social Studies as the Elementary Book of the Year.
Artist in Overalls reveals Grant Wood’s story to audiences of all ages in a fun and interactive way. Dressed like the famous farmer in Wood’s American Gothic painting, Duggleby shows how Wood’s Iowa childhood observations and resolve to follow his instincts resulted in fame that has endured through this American cultural icon.
What: “Artist in Overalls: The Life of Grant Wood”
Who: John Duggleby
When: Sunday, May 6
Time: 2:00 PM
Where: The Muscatine Art Center’s Music Room
Admission to these programs is FREE.
Please contact Katy Doherty, Program Coordinator, with any
questions or concerns at 563-263-8282 or by email at
The Muscatine Art Center is open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM, Thursday from 10 AM to 7 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 5 PM. Admission is FREE.
Tags See All Tags