- 19.95$ 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Discount - ElcomSoft Advanced Windows Password Recovery 3.51
- 59.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap FL Studio 9 Producer XXL
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (32 bit)
- 379.95$ Solidworks 2013 Premium (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010
- 89.95$ Altova XMLSpy 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe CC Master Collection (Full LifeTime License) (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
|Van Hoesen Exhibition at the Muscatine Art Center|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lynn Bartenhagen|
|Wednesday, 06 February 2013 09:43|
The Muscatine Art Center will provide visitors with an escape from Iowa winter with the opening of an exhibition of works by Beth Van Hoesen. This exhibition will be the first opportunity for the public to view the twenty-six prints and drawings of flowers gifted to the Art Center in 2012. The exhibition will be on view from February 1 through June 16, 2013.
Van Hoesen’s flowers are richly colored and draw attention to the idea of art being all around us. Van Hoesen takes everyday objects and highlights the sublime hidden in small things. Her works are nearly scientific in detail but also quite charming.
For much of her career, Van Hoesen functioned outside of the “fleeting and fashionable” movements of the time. Van Hoesen was a realist when many artists tended towards abstraction. Her printmaking technique was highly regarded, and her work is represented in the collections of major art museums. These include the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, Art Institute of Chicago, Boise Art Museum, Brooklyn Museum, Cincinnati Art Museum, Honolulu Academy of Arts, Smithsonian Institution and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
Born in Boise, Idaho in 1926, Van Hoesen studied art at Stanford University, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1948. After graduating from Stanford she studied art in France and later at the California School of Fine Arts (San Francisco Art Institute). Her career spanned more than five decades.
The E. Mark Adams and Beth Van Hoesen Trust of San Francisco, California gifted the works to the Muscatine Art Center. The collection includes the medias of graphite, colored pencil, watercolor, aquatint, etching, drypoint, engraving and lithography.
The Muscatine Art Center is located at 1314 Mulberry Avenue in Muscatine, Iowa. Hours are Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday evenings until 7:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
Tags See All Tags