- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office Project Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Nuance PaperPort Professional 11.1
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS5
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery
- Download Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates
- 249.95$ Autodesk Algor Simulation Professional 2011 cheap oem
- Buy OEM BinaryFruit DriveDX 1.2 MAC
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects
- Download Adobe Audition CS6
|VANDER VEER BOTANICAL PARK LAUNCHES SUMMER THEME WITH LOCAL AUTHOR|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Ron Summers|
|Tuesday, 03 July 2012 09:49|
Davenport, Iowa, July 3, 2012 – A local best-selling author will help launch the summer theme at Vander Veer Botanical Park this Friday, July 6 at 2pm. Ann Hailey, author of the “Fishscale Girl” series will be on hand at Vander Veer Conservatory to read from her book and kick off the “Two Rivers – One World” theme.
This free event is open to the public and media, and is part of a program to help children explore the delicate balance of nature through a variety of exciting summer programs being held at Vander Veer Botanical Park. Sponsored by Davenport Parks and Recreation and The Friends of Vander Veer, children can learn through the eyes of Fishscale Girl, who discovers that her Amazon River and the Mississippi River face similar challenges with major environmental problems such as pollution and erosion.
Fishscale Girl, a small doll made from an actual fish scale, is the main character in a series of pictures books written and photographed by Quad-City author Ann Hailey. Fishscale Girl moves from her home in the Amazon to Davenport, Iowa, and learns about the similarities and differences of her new and old homes.
The Vander Veer Conservatory display featuring Fishscale Girl will be open to the public as well. Refreshments will be served. A Fishscale Girl nature walk will also occur at 3:00 p.m.
Tags See All Tags