- Buy Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals (en)
- Download Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5
- Buy Cheap Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2
- Buy Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC (en,fr,de,ja)
- Buy Cheap Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 6
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Cool Record Edit Pro 7
- Buy Cheap IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Landscape and Deck 12
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012 MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Digital Photography Composition For Dummies cheap oem
- 99.95$ Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition (Full LifeTime license) cheap oem
|Violence: The New Normal? Mental Health Vs. Gun Control|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Thursday, 30 May 2013 07:25|
Psychiatrist Offers 4 Ways to Stop the Horror
Boston. Sandy Hook. Aurora. Columbine. The list goes on and on. As the country focuses on gun-control, psychiatrist Gary L. Malone, MD, goes to the heart of the matter.
“As the horror of the Sandy Hook massacre and the Boston Marathon bombings begin to fade, the country and politicians are debating what they feel are the ‘real’ issues behind this tragedy. Lip service has been given to the lack of mental-health funding, weak mental-health-commitment laws, and battles between liberals and conservatives over gun control vs. second-amendment rights. Meanwhile, the fixable causes are ignored,” says Malone, a distinguished fellow in the American Psychiatric Association, and coauthor with his sister Susan Mary Malone of What’s Wrong with My Family? And How to Live Your Best Life Anyway (www.whatswrongwithmyfamily.
“All the gunmen in the recent shootings had active and untreated psychiatric disorders at the time they committed the acts. Lack of mental-health funding (conservatives) and weak commitment laws (liberals) prevent adequate care. I prematurely released two psychotic, paranoid patients with access to weapons recently for this reason. I could, tragically, do nothing else. It is common sense that some of these people will commit violent crimes. Three decades ago, this would never have happened,” Malone says.
“We can stop the violence now by attending to mental-health issues,” Malone says.
About Dr. Gary Malone, M.D. & Susan Mary Malone
Dr. Gary Malone is an Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern and a teaching analyst at the Dallas Psychoanalytic Institute. He is a distinguished fellow in the American Psychiatric Association with board certifications in general and addiction psychiatry. He has worked in hospitals and private practices for more than 30 years. Dr. Malone is director of Adult Chemical Dependency Services at Millwood Hospital in Arlington, Texas.
Award-winning writer and editor Susan Mary Malone is the author of the novel, “By the Book,” and three nonfiction books, including “Five Keys for Understanding Men: A Women’s Guide.” More than 40 of the book projects she has edited were purchased by traditional publishing houses. She is Dr. Malone’s sister.
Tags See All Tags